Swimmable part. High performance water

Hey there, I think I found a bug on the water part

so whenever your camera is inside the water part (with the character) and then you reset or die the fog seems to be there?

here is an image of the bug

Im not so sure if its the script itself or something that is entirely my own

1 Like

Mind if you send us the fixed version?

It is at the top of the post. The model.

3 Likes

This is pretty cool, but I’m still not getting the same behavior like with terrain water.

Is there a way to make it behave as close as possible to SmoothTerrain water?

The difference mostly seems to be with the diving. Your script seems to make the character dive really easily, and faster than with terrain water. Also one small nitpick is that there is no “splash” sound when jumping in/out of the water.

2 Likes

I get the splash sound, I don’t know why you don’t have it.

You can modify the swim speed.

1 Like

The splash sound plays sometimes for me.

Modifying the swimspeed doesn’t help. The buoyancy force on the character seems to be stronger with terrain water.

Try both swimming in the part and swimming in terrain water and you’ll see the difference.

3 Likes

It is fixed now. Thanks for reporting the bug.

3 Likes

I have tried that and I see no difference when I configure the properties to be the same as roblox water.

1 Like

Could you share a place file that has that water?

I can’t seem to configure it correctly…

1 Like

It’s in the place in the post.

WOW… this is amazing! I don’t like Roblox’s terrain water because of its look. I will make use of this!

3 Likes

Is it possible to make this work with unions?
I’m asking since when I try to add water barriers
or something to my game the shadows aren’t
that good but with parts it’s easier since you could disable
shadows for it.

3 Likes

Look into ZonePlus v2 to detect if a player is inside the water union.

It will be less efficient however, but that shouldn’t matter to much since this is all client-side.

2 Likes

AMAZING WORK! Ive always needed something like this for my builds but never had the scripting skill to make it, Thanks so much and keep up the amazing work!

2 Likes

I found another bug @gpm231 , and this seems a little more critical…

When a player equips a tool any time before entering the water, and then unequips before entering the water, and re-equips the same tool inside the water, it will teleport them all the way back to the spot where they last equipped the tool. It seems to be happening with Motor6D affected tools and regular tool handles as well

Not sure if this is an easy one, but this glitch only happens in the swimmable part water

3 Likes

I’m no expert, but I believe this script runs on the client-side. That may have something to do with the issue.

1 Like

That’s very probable, but due to Network Ownership, the server isn’t really responsible for player movement as the client gives the server that information.

(hence why when your client freezes, the server sees that the player froze and they appear frozen in game, similar to players moving slower based on their framerate)

Real roblox water works in a very similar way.

Only, I got no idea how to fix this on my own.

2 Likes

is there any way to add custom animations for it?

2 Likes

I think you can, but I am not sure. The only way a think this could be done is by making your animation have the highest priority and playing it when the player enters the water and stopping it when the player leaves the water.

I have tried many things to fix this, but nothing worked. This must be a roblox bug because the server knows the player is in the water, you can see that when you test it in studio with the server tab opened.
Im gonna keep thinking ways of fixing this, but it will take me time.

2 Likes