Swinging hammer losing Momentum With RotateV

Hello,

I am currently trying to make a swinging hammer…

As seen in this video at 45 seconds, there is 3 hammers swinging near the end, I would like to make this in roblox.
I have the hammer that swings just fine, however it does not keep swinging, just in-case you wanted to know I am using RotateV with a weld part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6OERWwPEs8

Thank you!

3 Likes

Have you tried a hinge constraint?

Set the mode to “servo” and the max torque to inf

I made this model that uses them:

1 Like

That part the you linked is more of a spinning part than a Swinging part. I wrote script to make the part swing but now i can not rotate the part. Here is the script… “script.Parent.CFrame = CFrame.new(q.p+Vector3.new(0,script.Parent.Size.Y/2,0))CFrame.Angles(0,0,math.pi/2math.sin(math.rad(i)))*CFrame.new(0,-script.Parent.Size.Y/2,1)*CFrame.Angles(0,math.pi/2,math.pi)”

Just shorten one of the sides it will look more like the hammers from the video.

1 Like

oh I thought you meant the things that look like hammers.

just use the tween service to tween it between the two top positions

this might help

1 Like

If you want the Part to swing back and forth just use @Porkloinial’s suggestion and use a HingeConstraint with Servo setting, then set the angle at +45 degrees, wait, then -45 degrees then wait again.

1 Like

Which angle would I change? There are two available angles to change.

Those are the limits that the hinge is allowed to swing to.
You need to change the HingeConstraint’s TargetAngle with a script to move it back and forth. Make sure there is enough Torque and AngularVelocity to actually move the hinge back and forth.

1 Like

I have a suggestion, try HingeConstraints. They are more precise and powerful

I have a suggestion.
Please don’t repost the exact same answer to a post that’s already been solved almost 3 years ago.

Don’t be rude to me
Do you want me to do it back?

I apologize if my attempt at humour by copying your first phrase was taken the wrong way. I did not intend it to be rude.