Talent Hub Now Supports Embedding Images, Visual Search and More

I thought you were comparing the Talent Hub and the site, not the DevForum.

When you upload images to Talent Hub, you are uploading normal assets behind the scenes, so the moderation is the same. They might as well allow you to link assets in the markdown yourself.

4 Likes

Next up: Remove unnecessary ID verification requirements. This is what is hurting the Talent Hub the most in my opinion.

Not a huge fan of the way images will be moderated but other than that, I really like these amazing changes :smiley:! Thank you, Roblox.

12 Likes

I can definitely see talent hub being the easiest way to hire developers in the future because of all the added features (like these). Great job Roblox!

3 Likes

i’m so happy now that this update released. thank you
talent hub might actually become super useful now

2 Likes

A little too late, for over half a year, hard working developers who try and make ends meet had DevForum Portfolios taken away from them and had no ability to even post images on this corporate move to raise stock prices or some other angle.

If you want to truly make dream teams, then please show that with a little more than the ability to post images after such a long time.

2 Likes

I believe you are actually allowed the link offsite images as long as they are on the allowed link list, this was actually encouraged by Roblox admins in the lead up to this update.

A few months ago in #feature-requests:talent-hub-features it was announced that some sort of upload image feature was being added.

Well this is a major oversight, image moderation is absolutely the worst on Roblox and I get a false-warning every 2nd week because of it, guess I’m going to be avoiding this feature then…

1 Like

This is an overdue update in my opinion.

This shouldn’t have taken so long in the first place given that all of us are forced to rely on the Talent Hub for Portfolios and recruiting .

6 Likes

absolutely agreed. 100%

We have been waiting for about half a year. All we get is a broken embed system. That requires MANUAL ACCAPTANCE, with it’s moderation being almost as bad, if not worse than roblox moderation.

I love roblox.

4 Likes

I get that, but they didn’t periodically update the commnity on it and give a rough release date.

8 Likes

Did you expect them to use a completely new moderation system? The existing system works and isn’t as much of a problem as many people think it is.

1 Like

Yes, they created their own moderation system for text and I thought it would be the same for images.

I have gotten falsely warned and banned multiple times due to the current moderation system, yes it may ‘work’ but it definitely isn’t something I feel safe using.

3 Likes

Awesome update, can you add the embedded images button in the bio section? Markdown works in bios, so it feels like we should have the button there as well. Can you expand this to allow audio uploading as well?

Visual search is a huge improvement. Can you give creators the option to choose which pictures are highlighted in visual search? That way creators can really try to stand out by showcasing their best work.

It would also be cool to see something along the lines of Visual Search, but with audio. Allowing job posters to preview audio demos/ clips would be insane.

Thank you for giving the Talent Hub some attention. It still needs a lot of work, but this is definitely as step in the right direction.

1 Like

Nice update, but can you guys fix the presentation of the website for mobile? It’s really a problem when I’m not able to use the Talent hub on my PC.

Also many buttons doesn’t work properly too.

Thanks for the update, but this is really necessary.

7 Likes

Wow I love the changes being made to Talent Hub! I’ve personally never used talent hub because of the way it previously looked. But so many improvements have been made ever since, I do suggest that,

When will Talent Hub be mobile friendly? The used interface trends to not fit nor is compatible with mobile devices and resolutions so an change to that would be so much better!

1 Like

Looks like Talent Hub is finally getting better. Why wasn’t uploading images directly a thing from day 1?

I notice that you want us to send a message about any links that people would like to see unfiltered, but wouldn’t a feedback box be easier? Would like to see support for *.wixsite.com domains, since I currently host most of my work over there.

FINALLY !

Only took you 8 months, which would translate to very soon for you… Definitely improvements, but the character limit, strict filter, random warnings and blacklists for nothing and ID verification just to be seen in the results are still things that we are waiting for to be fixed… I tried to support the talent hub and find excuses for for Roblox, but it’s been way too long, and almost nothing has changed, even though Roblox received plenty of feedback from all of us, I would say it’s disappointing, but at least we got this update…

3 Likes

Hi all! Thanks for all the feedbacks and supports. We do have plans to update the character limit and other requests! Stay tune!

1 Like

Will this be able to embed videos? .mp4, .m4a files, and the likes?

This is awesome, big thanks for adding this! When I found out this came out, I almost immediatly updated my creator page lol, thanks Roblox

Thank you so much for this! Was having a really hard time uploading images before, this is a real lifesaver