Teleport Exception: HTTP 400

I own a place which teleports a player to another place within the universe, along with a loading screen and some data. It has worked for me up until now, when I updated the destination place (purely cosmetic changes) and suddenly it is not working anymore.

This is the error log that I get:
Actually, I get a lot of these error messages.

23:14:01.664 - httpGet http://www.roblox.com/Game/PlaceLauncher.ashx?request=RequestGame&placeId=297509933&isPartyLeader=false&gender=&isTeleport=true failed. Trying again. Error: HTTP 400 (HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request). Elapsed time: 0.0680943 23:14:01.751 - Teleport exception: HTTP 400 (HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request)

After showing this message a few times, I get the red bar message ‘This game has shut down’ and am kicked from the place.

Is there a way to fix this now, or is it something I can’t fix?

1 Like

Try it in a localscript.

It is already in a localscript.

1 Like

Try it in a server script then.

@ScriptOn What even are these posts? This is a bug report, not lounge or dev discussion, if you have a solution to the OP’s problem you could clearly indicate what you think he is doing wrong and why you think your proposals resolve it.

2 Likes

Sorry, next time I won’t do silly things like try to help narrow down the source of the problem for one of the hundreds of bugs that are reported. Especially when people don’t post repros.

3 Likes

It never worked in a server script. It only worked in a local script, until now, where it doesn’t work for either.

1 Like

Actually, looking at the request that is failing, it says this:

http://www.roblox.com/Game/PlaceLauncher.ashx?request=RequestGame&placeId=297509933&isPartyLeader=false&gender=&isTeleport=true

What is the “&gender=” doing? I think this is where the syntax error is occurring. The gender part of the request runs into the “&isTeleport=true” tag.

1 Like

To replicate this error, visit this place:

And press the ‘GO’ button. Press F9 to check the console, and see the error pop up eventually.

1 Like

Hm, looks like a weird bug.

Short note for others on the thread:
Teleportation goes from

to

also, I noted after a minute or more of those errors, you lose connection. How are you teleporting players, pa00?
Right now, it’d be safer to look into if you have a problem, rather than wait for the admins - Code Freeze is active, so we won’t see any updates until next year.

As for the GET HTTP request here, it just means that “gender” equals an empty value. It won’t cause any problems with further GET paramets, say isTeleport. What I assume it means is 0 = male, 1 = female, etc. - where the code generating the URL (case in some languages, i.e. PHP) just needs 0 and 1 to figure out if it’s true/false - and empty value = false.

So I tried changing both the start place and the destination place. In both cases, I am still getting the HTTP 400 error, even when just using the game:GetService(“TeleportService”):Teleport(334679292) method. Yes, all of the places are in the same game.

1 Like

I’m getting nailed with this frequently too. The game spams these errors for maybe 40 - 50 seconds then it actually completes the process. It’s nothing I’m doing wrong on my end, otherwise it wouldn’t work at all.

1 Like

For me, it’s just shutting down the server after spamming the errors instead of teleporting me. But at least someone else had replicated this bug.

1 Like

I had the exact same thing as TwentyTwoPilots described, however, I have only had this happen to me once.

Still having this problem as of today. 1/14

1 Like

I found something interesting with this issue. I set the place I’ve been trying to teleport to as the start place of the game, and now the game will not load at all. It says “Requesting Server” infinitely.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue randomly. It doesn’t happen everytime, but when it happens it can be game breaking if the game relies on teleporting.

1 Like