Teleport Service Player Count

Hey Forum Members!

I had a quick question - does teleport service only show the number of players in the main place? Or all the players in the main place and sub-places at the same time?

Thanks

Is there a method you know of using TeleportService to get the number of players in a game? Since, to answer you, as far as I know there isn’t a way to do this at all with TeleportService.

1 Like

I meant the numbers you see in front of the icon. “102 playing”, etc. Like using teleport service, how will ROBLOX know if the place is popular since there are multiple places to teleport to. Unless the sub places and the main place are counted as one.

Let’s get your terms straight:

• Server: A single virtual computer running ONE copy of the place.
  • Place: A file along with some metadata that is distributed to every game server launched. (The metadata being the thumbnail, title, desc, place version history, etc.)

Jailbreak is one place with quite possibly hundereds of servers running at once. TeleportService uses Roblox’s backend matchmaking that we currently have no control over. We can’t see inside of how it works besides the fact that it perfers player counts near the preferred player count on the respective game and that it favors server instances that a player’s friends are in.

To my consent, Knowledge, and past experience with Servers & Sub-Servers are that they all do keep count of every player from each Server on the Sub-Servers

EXAMPLE
5000 Playing in Sandbox
1500 Playing in Desert
2500 Playing in Mountains
1000 Playing/Loading into Sandbox Lobby

So does the main place player count in the front page, for example, the total amount of all places?

Pretty sure the total counts.

To my knowledge yes, For Example
Look at this game

The Servers may feature other Sub-Server teleporters and it’ll amount to the total Player Count.

There is an API for this, check out this forum post

Good luck! :smile:

If you want the total player count in both places, just set the player count to variables and do the math