Terrain Generator issue

Hello! I was creating terrain on the terrain generator with the default seed and only the “Arctic” terrain mode. As you can see, there is something else than arctic.

Why is that? I’m using the BETA Terrain Generator, issue doesn’t apply on Legacy Terrain Generator, but it is waaay slower to render the terrain. How could I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Can you provide more info on what your terrain generator window shows? I’m trying to replicate your issue but I’m just getting what’s expected:

Edit, I just tried it with the Mountains, Hills, and Plains boxes still checked and it looks fairly similar to what you have in the first picture:

Double check that the Mountains, Hills, and Plains boxes are not checked, and that only Arctic is, and try it again.

I’m using the BETA Terrain Generator

I see you are using the default terrain generator, it works on that one.

This is a screenshot of the new generator.

Thanks for trying to help tho.

My apologies. I tried the same thing with the beta and found the same issue. A temporary work around would be to increase the biome size to be larger than the actual terrain area:

2 Likes

Woo! Thanks you alot! Had considered this, but tried to use a different seed while doing this, so didn’t work. Thanks again.

1 Like

The speed and biome issues were bugs (apologies!) - we’ve fixed them in the new update that just released: Terrain - Water, Water Everywhere + Big Brushes