Terrain Material Search & Replace Release

When will you be adding the ability to create custom terrain materials? It will allow for games to have terrain that doesnt look like roblox. So, if somebody looks at the terrain, they wont know its from roblox. Will the custom terrain textures include Surface Appearance with them?

this bulk of good features is very suspiciously great

This really reduces the amount of time wasted for builders looking to do something along the lines of snow replacing grass.

1 Like

Woah, constant updates like Maca said. Keep it up, can’t wait to use this.

3 Likes

This is amazing!! Congrats to the people working on this, really cool to be able to swap grass to rock. :sunglasses: :clap:

2 Likes

Awesome update! Now I can replace terrain materials with ease!

1 Like

Definitely something that could make terrain making a lot easier.
I didn’t expect so many big features this year.
Thank you ROBLOX for this helpful feature! Keep it up!

3 Likes

Terrain is finally getting some attention, i love this update! Now i can finally get back to work on some of my old maps that i have just abandoned due to using the wrong material.

3 Likes

Hello, All of these new features are amazing for the Roblox platform. But, I do see one feature that I think should be added. The grass Decoration terrain effect is a very useful aspect to building. So, what if the Grass effect could be applied not only to the smooth terrain, but also applied on normal parts as well.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I have tried many user-created terrain material replacers and they didn’t fully work or they were hard to use and I am so glad that we finally have an easy to use and fully working terrain material replacer!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.