Terrain Replace Tool Leaving Visual Artifacts

Hello. Today I was working with terrain and discovered that with this specific terrain, the replace tool would leave visual artifacts such as extremely thin terrain or triangular terrain which cannot be removed.

Intended Behaviour: I expected the replace tool to cleanly replace terrain with another material.
Actual Behaviour: The replace tool is leaving strange visual artifacts which cannot be removed.

Note that I was only able to replicate the effect on the terrain shown below. It does not seem to work when I try to reproduce the bug using different terrain, but opening the buggy terrain in a different place produces the bugged results.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open the attached file

2. Using the replace tool set to replace sand with water, run the tool over the sand

3. You should observe that the tool does not cleanly replace terrain as intended

There should be some glitched terrain already in the place file, should the reproduction steps fail.

Place File:
Bugged-Terrain.rbxl (344.6 KB)

Video:

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

This should now be fixed! For more information, please see: New Voxel API to work with Shorelines