Terrain Saving/Loading

Hey I thought it would be neat to save terrain into some sort of readable data, and then generate that same terrain in chunks from the client-side.

I tried finding resources on this but I was unsuccessful. I’ve been away from Roblox for a while, so I came to ask if this has been done already, or if you have any suggestions.

You can use datastore to save and restore the name and location of the part the guy put in.
(i used translate my english bad sorry)
and instead of a regular datastore you can use the Profile Service made by loleris

Let me revise what I said.

Currently Terrain is one single object or service. Terrain | Roblox Creator Documentation
However, I want to save the Terrain into vectors or something. That way I can keep the data in ReplicatedStorage, and then generate the terrain from individual clients.

Here’s what I have so far. This is a visual representation of the “top layer” of the terrain. Basically I used ReadVoxels to get each chunk of the terrain and then process it. I used a for loop starting from the top and then going down until it finds a Y value with a non-air voxel.

Going forward I think I will process each chunk by putting the voxel data into module scripts by chunks. So for 64 studs, you get 16^3 voxels, resulting in 4096 values in a 3D table. I will let the module scripts return the table so a script can process them in multiple coroutines.