TextLabels with rich text do not render until size is changed

Reproduction Steps

TextLabels that have RichText enabled won’t have the correct fonts until something updates them. In this case, I have a tween that updates their size when hovered. The Font property is set, and there is no actual formatting included in the Text property. There is nothing re-setting the RichText property at all.

Expected Behavior

The font of the label should be rendered to start out.

Actual Behavior

A default font renders instead.

Workaround

Disable and don’t use RichText.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-07-14 00:07:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-07-18 00:07:00 (-07:00)

5 Likes

This happens too with TextLabels inside of SurfaceGUIs. Have noticed this for a few weeks. In my experience changing the text itself works to load the font properly too.

3 Likes

This is still happening. Are there any plans to fix this soon?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report and sorry for the late response. I filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll come back to you with updates when possible.

1 Like

Hey this is still happening. RichText is super unreliable especially when you rely on it to maintain a consistent style in your game.

The number amount here should be the FredokaOne font

When it renders correctly:

I would like to add that this also happens to rich text in SurfaceGuis. The text won’t take up the correct font until you touch the adornee part, for example.
I only started noticing this after the new FontFace update but it might be a coincidence.

This issue should now be resolved as linked with this post! Please let us know if you continue to see any problems.