Texture inside mesh, not outside

1. What do you want to achieve? I want the textures on my mesh to not be inside the mesh

2. What is the issue?

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I sifted through DevForum trying to find anyone having problems with textures inside their mesh and couldn’t find it, i checked through the appearance in properties but couldn’t find anything pertaining to my issue

1 Like

Well, setting the DoubleSided property of your mesh to false might work. If not, you could try simply duplicating your mesh and resizing the duplicate by a very tiny increment to be smaller than the original mesh on the outside. Then you would just set the material of the inside to whatever you want. This might impact performance, so you can set the CanCollide and CanTouch properties of the inside mesh to false to reduce the performance impact.

1 Like

i don’t get it, removing doublesided gives it an appearance i don’t want it to have, but i think i followed your directions correctly and resizing a duplicate doesn’t work either

1 Like

Might want to take a read on this thread:

3 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t even know about faces facing the wrong direction, now it works!

1 Like