The First Person Element Of A First Person Shooter

This is so helpful, thanks for posting this.

I don’t know if this is just me, but NOTHING (the gun and view model) is showing up on the client. How do I fix this? I triple checked everything.

1 Like

Question: What number did you set the scale of the BodyWidthScale to?

Thank you so much! It helped me alot.

Where do I put the scripts? I want it to start when equipped and end when uneqquiped…

1 Like

thanks, im making a view model and this helped me as it contains the fundamentals of how a view model works. Now i need to learn how to make hitscan bullets, bullet drop, and sway. would be nice though if this tutorial series was continued. Maybe it was and I just don’t know.

1 Like

By reading this post, I finally understand the use of RenderStepped. Thanks!

I know this is 2 years old, but it seems like it should work, where do I put the scripts? and in local or server?

How would I do this without the viewmodel? I have a script that allows you to see your body so i have no need for a viewmodel, how would I do it?

1 Like

Are there any easier ways to properly offset it? Im not familiar with C0 and C1

2 Likes

This should help I think.
edit: check the solution

I’m stuck right here on the handle rotation

the problem: v
My Handle is rotated upward(facing up upright), Aim part isn’t changed at all.

joint.C0 = offset* CFrame.Angles(math.rad(90),0,0)--This is becuase my handle is originally rotated by 90* however that has of course an affect on how the aiming looks

i desperately need help

i have tried for two days straight

thanks a lot. this tutorial is amazing, your other tutorials are amazing, your knowledge is amazing, your existence is amazing

About the ADS…
HOW ARE YOU SOO SMART??
Like just motor the handle to aimpart and then manipulate its cframe while the hands are motored to the handle WOW man that’s a massive brain

1 Like

Hello, I wonder how could I make the recoil of weapon faster?

1 Like

How would I go upon animating the view model, for example, a reload animation?

this tutorial uses cframe for positioning the arms, altough i believe the rbxl file from this tutorial uses animations

the r6 placefile doesn’t work anymore

1 Like

as I do so that the arms do not follow the left and right blocks but can be moved when aiming

Thank you, for making the tutorial.