The Forum no longer allow quoting

As on my phone, a totally different feature pops up, not the system copying.

Android (in the video I’m on a Huawei P9 Plus)
But it’s worth to note that it doesn’t work on my Sony Xperia either (which I’m switching to today).

@hmCorporation that’s the behavior I get on every discourse forum but the Developer Forum.

I used to have a Huawei as a developer here and it still quoted, that is interesting as I said before.

I checked again, and I can now quote posts on my phone. I think it’s safe to assume, Tor, that it’s an issue with the compatibility of the new update and your phone and computer, though it’s odd that you’re the only one affected by this update.

Yes. It’s also interesting since it worked absolutely fine before. I’ll go through my settings on the forum to check if I can find anything special there.

Great, reply back to us when you have found something or you fixed it/couldn’t find anything.

Make sure to check the following in your settings, and make sure it’s ticked on for BOTH your computer AND phone. I’ll have a good laugh though if that’s the reason for nearly 30 posts.

1 Like

So apparently the setting “Enable quote reply for highlighted text” was disabled (without me disabling it). I’ve now enabled the setting and it works. Thank you @hmCorporation and @SuperSmartyPants600 for helping me locate the issue.

2 Likes

Not a problem, happy to know that the issue was resolved.

You’re welcome now please hit the solution button. :wink: