The guide for Obfuscation

Back when closed source modules were a thing, wasn’t that an effective way to secure your source code? Was it possible to still grab the source code (in its original form, comments n stuff included) from a closed source module that was requested and run, or could you only read the bytecode and piece together what was happening?

But why do you care if someone steals your client code. If it’s for security then EdgyDev’s point makes sense as long as your validating player remote event requests on the server and checking if it’s possible to do that you’d be fine.

Ok if it’s not that then:

What can someone actually do with your code? They can’t just randomly steal client code and expect everything to work if they’re trying to steal your work. Even if they somehow figured how to put it together obstrufucation won’t help. DeObsutrufucation script’s is pretty easy if you know what your doing, one knowledgeable person does it: he shares it on some site, now all your obstrufucation is pointless.

Basically it’s one of those things useful only once, when someone figures it out it becomes useless.

If someone can figure out a security flaw from your client code then you should fix that lol, not obstruftcte your script in question.

1 Like

Private modules weren’t stolen by decompiler because they were only available to run on the server. However, it was still possible to steal them (without a decompiler) using some Roblox APIs cleverly.

there is a exploit called VEGA X it also can obfuscate its most commonly used for hacks its just as same as synapse 100 percent injecting chances i use it to obfuscate my scripts

What’s wallysecure. Send the link

Here:
https://obfuscator.aztupscripts.xyz/
(By clicking this link, you agree that I am not responsible for anything happening to your scripts, or anything you use it for. I am simply providing you with an obfuscator link.)

1 Like

You are completely right. The worst part is that now with AI growing, security through obfuscation will be rendered useless because AI will quickly be able to generate better source code with somewhat intelligible code, and we may even see massive piracy and exploitation outbreaks in turn. For anyone who wants to use security through obfuscation, it is not a good idea, and you should instead focus on petitioning for possible server-side security measures that Roblox could take.

To add onto this, one thing developers can do to prevent code from being stolen and reused in different games is add server dependencies that are randomly sent and cached on the client for use, sort of like loading chunks of a map, unloading them, and loading some more in order to make stealing harder for exploiters. However, this method is somewhat like security through obscurity in the way that with enough patience and perseverance they can steal your code.

If there were only a few players on Roblox, and the government actually cared about them stealing a bunch of stuff on there, then that would be true. However, you have to remember there are millions of players on Roblox, and it is just not feasible to go fining every single one who has stolen some game assets. The worst that will happen to them (unless it’s people making a ton of money) is their account getting deleted with all their content being taken off the platform.

(Updated)

This thread is extremely outdated

Luraph is the best obfuscator you can buy: discord.gg/Luraph. Any other obfuscator can be deobfuscted by LD, a paid deobfuscator.

1 Like

Wrong. Iron brew source was leaked and has many free obfuscators. I wouldn’t use Iron Brew.

Moonsec is probably what you should aim for. It has no good reliable deobfuscators at the moment.

1 Like