The Last Days - Investment Opportunity [CLOSED]

About Lazy Goat Studios

Lazy Goat studio is creating ‘The Last Days,’ a new post-apocalyptic, massively open-world multiplayer survival game.

LazyGoatStudios

Lazy Goat Studios Team

Main Developers* :

• mer5000 - Main Builder
  • Codetrix - Vehicle and Gun Creator, Environment Designer

Scripters :

• Pentacycle - Main Scripter
  • SteffanScripts
  • NorthEternal - UI functionality

UI Designer :

• NorthEternal

Clothing Designer :

• Julie

GFX Artist :

• XA_TE

About the Game - ‘The Last Days’

The Last Days is a brand new post-apocalyptic, massively open-world multiplayer survival game. The map has been in development for 5 months now, and as of recently, we have begun scripting, uniform and UI works. The game takes place in years after the apocalypse, few have survived and everyone else is now a threat. The game mainly focuses on survival, where players must scavage for food and drinks among the various, now deserted, stores, malls, houses, and office buildings.

You can read more on the gameplay here: The Last Days - gameplay plan & team roles - Google Docs

You can play the existing map, roughly 85% completed. The map will be heavily optimized* before release: The Last Days - showcase - Roblox

You can play a teaser of the game here : Game Teaser - The Last Days - Roblox

options to take off textures and remove grass will be available, existing grass in-game will be removed once procedural terrain generation is made available

Screenshots of the map :

!

*note these screenshots are just small bits of the map

UI Designs

Gun Designs

tldg2 tldg3 tldg4 tldg5

GFX Artwork

About the Investment and Monetization

At this point in time, given the fact that we’re a new studio and this is the first game we are creating, we’re looking for an investment of 10k-20k Robux. In return, we’re willing to offer a percentage of the game’s revenue. This can be discussed further.

Monetization

We’re looking to generate revenue mainly from Gun Skins and in future, an in-game currency of some kind where players can buy/sell/trade items. We do not want to give a great advantage to P2P players and with that being said, gun skins are a great way of making revenue without giving a great advantage to P2P players. Apocalypse Rising, a game similar to ‘The Last Days’, is the best example of this, where the game provides players with some purchasable perks but do not drastically give players an advantage. In Apocalypse Rising, gun skin crates are scattered about the map ranging in prices and tiers. I do not have the data for the actual amount of Robux made from these crates but as a long-time player of the game, it can be assured these crates are the main/major source of revenue. It’s also no secret how much gun skins make outside of ROBLOX as well.

Currently, The Last Days has a discord of 160 members and the main game has 1152 visits without advertisements. Small numbers, yes, but the interest is definitely there for the game.

What will the Robux be spent on?
60-70% of the Robux will be spent on an ad campaign.
30-40% of the Robux will be spent on artwork, such as additional GFX, icon and thumbnails, and any artwork for UI.

Game Release Date/Timeline
No specific release date for the game as of now but within 1-2 months is a fair timeline until the game’s release.

Contact Us

You can contact us here on the Developer Forum or via my discord matt_12#9585.
Discord channel for the game : Discord

Leave any questions below, thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

How high is the part count, and what’s the objective of the game?

The real question is… are decent computers able to run this game? I think that’s the question when it comes to investing in a game like this, is it a showcase or a game. The build looks great btw.

1 Like

I got admin when I got in the game, I’m not sure if it is supposed to be like that.

Yes, this is for you to be able to fly around the map. This will of course be removed :slight_smile:

As of now, most PCs are able to run the game fairly well without much lag, but as stated, the game will be heavily optimized (removing a lot of parts but keeping the ‘look’ of the buildings the same) as well as have options to remove textures. This will make the game very playable. Thank you BTW :slight_smile:

Part count at the moment is fairly steep at roughly 200k parts, this will be reduced closer to 100,000.

Yea, Jeez.

Even 100,000 parts is a lot, guess we’ll just have to see how well it can run after optimization but, that’s going to be heavy.

Good luck my friend, i’ll be sure to test very soon.

1 Like

Most games run fine with a lot of parts as long as the parts are spread out but most of the lag comes with textures, although you can play the map with fairly good performance even with the textures. The options to turn of textures and the reduction in parts will definitely improve performance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In terms of investment pitches, this is one of the better ones formatted. Quite interested to learn more and need a lot of information about returns. I have added you on discord Truth#9536

I understand investors will get a double return but will they be able to receive a small percentage of the games profits after reaching the double return based on how much they invest? For example - 20% until return has been received then 5% of the game’s profits after?

Also, great investment plan I definitely agree that this was formatted very well! I am pretty interested so I may be contacting you, good luck on development! Game looks beautiful.

Thank you, the return will now be percentage-based rather than a double the amount invested. The percentage can be discussed further in DMs/Discord.

1 Like

I have sent you a friend request on discord.

xuefei123#1234

3 Likes

Hey again @mer5000!

What separates your game from the rest?
What makes your game so unique and special that will attract players to your game? Why shouldn’t I invest in other games but this?

Why did you choose to enter the genre even though games like Apocalypse Rising 2 are in development?
Why should I not just play Apocalypse Rising 2? They don’t have P2P mechanics at all. AR2 is well-known. How do you plan to surpass them?

Will you add any future revenue sources?
Skins and small perks are an understandable source of income, but how can you guarantee the game will takeoff? How can you assure a possible investor that selling skins and small perks will pay back their investment and make a fair percentage?

That’s for all, and seriously, great work!

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, part count is no longer relevant as long as you have StreamingEnabled set to true, which later this year will be set to true by default for new games. Part count is no longer an issue because with StreamingEnabled; only the parts in the player’s StreamingMinRadius will be loaded. Rest assured your game will run smoothly from the aspect of part count with StreamingEnabled.

2 Likes

The gameplay teaser seems to be broken for me when I try to play it. Camera rotates, but that’s about it. + error in client output

The camera just spun, and I had no UI. There was no gameplay in the gameplay teaser place.

Hello, apologies for the misconception. The teaser is meant to give you more of feel of how the game would be like when you play it. The teaser is not meant to show gameplay rather a feel of the game’s atmosphere, mood and environment.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest in the game.

• What separates The Last Days from the rest?
    The Last Days combines several aspects of post-apocalyptic open-world maps that other ROBLOX games haven’t, until now. Combining a huge expansive open-world made to appear as if long deserted, where nature has retaken roads, shops, houses, and entire cities. This will give players not just a new post-apocalyptic gaming experience on ROBLOX but also a new experience on open-world games on ROBLOX as a whole. Each building has been uniquely made, and most of those buildings will be getting interiors. Added into this numerous guns, the need to scavenge, team up among many other things will make this an extremely fun, different experience.

• Why did we choose to enter the genre even though games like Apocalypse Rising 2 are in development?
    AR2 and AR1 are the main games in this genre. As massive as AR1 may have been, the game’s popularity has massively dropped due to exploiters and lack of updates as the developers focus on AR1. AR2 is also in an alpha phase, which is important to note. Given that one game is unplayable to an extent and the other in P2P alpha phase, now would be the perfect time to enter the post-apocalyptic, survival genre. With the map and the simplistic gameplay, similar to that of AR1 gameplay-wise, as well as the relatively untapped/undisturbed market of the post-apocalyptic, survival genre, surpassing the current AR1 and AR2 would not prove to be particularly difficult.

• Future revenue sources will be added
    We want to add in-game currency at one point or another in the game, allowing players to buy and sell with NPCs at various safe zones.

apologies for the lengthy reply

3 Likes

Thanks for the hasty reply!

A quick question that came to mind.

How long will you be accepting investment offers, and how many investors are you willing to take on board?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you for your interest once again. At the moment we have several investors, at most we will be choosing two, maximum three investors who will be the best choice for us. We expect to choose investors within the next two days.

Thank you for all the interest expressed in the game and offers put forward. Investing is now closed.