The Roblox Curated Discover Page - Find games by smaller developers!

If it helps, here is an already existing game list I have:

2 Likes

The website is very interesting and also the amount of unique games is astonishing. I give credit to this discover page.

Good couple of recommendations is to make the website more nice looking, and also have more info on the games?

1 Like

Hey everyone! Yesterday, I added the first 11 games to the RCDP!

Thank you to everyone who submitted a game, I enjoyed playing each one of them, and I hope I get to see more submissions soon.

But, as expected, the number of submissions has slowed down, and for the past few days, Iā€™ve only received 1 more game. That is why Iā€™m planning to have myself and a couple of volunteers reach out to different developers outside the DevForum, in hopes of having a few more games on the page.

But, playing each game along with reaching out to the developer about their game takes time. It took me 4 days to get through 17 submissions, which will not be possible to do once I go back to school. I think having a small group of volunteers would be great to help me out speed up the process, but then again they will still have real-life responsibilities.

I will be looking for volunteers on my Discord server, so if you want to help out make sure to join. If you donā€™t have a Discord, DM me and weā€™ll try to make it work here!

So, Iā€™m not expecting too much games to be added each month after August. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping to have at least 30 games around the end of the year, which doesnā€™t seem like a lot, but Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™ll keep it alive with a busy Fall semester.

Again, Iā€™m always hoping for an announcement from Roblox to improve game discovery.

Thank you again for the support and feedback! Feel free to send feedback/bugs for the games that are on the site so that I can forward them to the devs!

Special shoutout to @kaiyellow2008 for creating the Discord bot in the server and helping me out with the game submissions! Heā€™s become a big part of planning the future of the website, and I canā€™t thank you enough for reaching out to me since day one!

5 Likes

I canā€™t wait to submit my game to RCDP, then Iā€™ll finally get some players! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! I slightly improved the readability of the site, highlighted all the links, and added a favicon! The huge paragraphs of text in the ā€œAboutā€ page are now split up into more readable chunks.

Thank you to @QuasiliusYT for the suggestions for improving the readability of the site! I also realized that all the text was center-aligned, so that is also fixed, making everything a little more cleaner.

1 Like

Hey amazing site. I am the developer from super hard obby! I may have already suggested you this but I think the site may need a cleaner interface closer to roblox less confusing.

Also maybe a feature where we can make our own themes?

Anyways looking forward on seeing this grow!

This is a great idea! This will allow players to find new games to play and will help small developers find an audience.

One suggestion I have is possibly making a player curated page where players can submit and vote for games. This should definitely be in another page that is not Discover, in case some of the suggestions are botted. You can also make a way for players to vote for games to be reviewed.

I suggest taking a look through Roblox Underrated Games: https://twitter.com/roblox_ugs
They feature a lot of lesser-known games that Iā€™m sure your website could add. Or maybe you could get in contact and team up

3 Likes

I find this very useful, but there arenā€™t many games on the website, you can find developers who want to help expand your website, other than the number of games on the website it is very good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want this to definitely be more popular.

Probably to make it even better I would probably build a place where you can teleport to each place respectively. I really like the concept and I am hoping to finish my game so I could probably apply for it here.

2 Likes

Oh wow, thank you for this, I will definitely try to contact devs that have their games on here.

There are so many games that Iā€™ve never seenā€¦

That is someone I also thought about, but right now my focus is to fill the website with as much games until Fall.

However, Iā€™m going to take the weekend off to rest and hopefully by next week Iā€™ll be back to adding more games.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Yesterday, I added 13 new games to the website!

Iā€™m really thankful for everyoneā€™s support and feedback! Thank you to all those who submitted their games once again.

Iā€™ve also updated the look of the game button!

Last thing to note, games will now be added at the beginning of every month (September 1st, October 1st, etc), so only expect announcements on when games are added on those days.

Iā€™ve also got a few more plans to announce, but Iā€™m still planning them out, so stay tuned here!

Note on Roblox adding Categories

Recently, I saw an image of Roblox apparently adding categories, which is really exciting. But, since its only been less than a month since I created the website, and Iā€™ve wondered, what will happen to the website when this rolls out to everyone?

Iā€™ll probably still have the website up, I wonā€™t delete it or anything. I might stop looking at submissions and all that, but, for now, Iā€™m enjoying giving feedback to games that are submitted more than actually adding them into the website.

Itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever reached out to different developers, and I enjoyed every single bit of it. I already met lots of nice people out there and its refreshing to talk to someone that shares the same interest with me.

All I hope is that the categories does itā€™s job well and provide developers with more opportunities to get their game recognized. Only time will tell however if thatā€™s the case. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great, Iā€™ll start investigating into the links for game logos and ratings so you can dynamically add them to the site!

4 Likes

You can use this endpoint for game icons:
https://thumbnails.roblox.com/v1/places/gameicons?placeIds={placeId}&size=512x512&format=Png&isCircular=false

1 Like

This is a resource for players, not developers. I appreciate what youā€™re trying to do, but this websiteā€™s target audience is honestly quite unclear, and with only 25 games, there isnā€™t much variety. I would imagine that the average player just wants variety, which is what the discover page is for. Discovering. The games you see at first glance obviously didnā€™t have it easy to get there, and if they can do it, so can you.

If you have any statistics on how many non-developers visit your website, I as a developer would be interested in seeing them, as itā€™s really not worth trying to get my game up there if the same group of users that play the other 25 games are going to be playing my game and only those users.

Also you should really get your own domain name man, it would not only look more professional but boost the credibility of the website. If that is currently not feasible at least use GitHub Pages, Iā€™d recommend that any day over replit.

2 Likes