The Roblox Documentation (create.roblox.com/docs) displays translated text when it should not

Hello,

I’m French and my Windows & Chrome settings are in french. This causes roblox to automatically send me to Documentation - Hub Création Roblox (docs/fr-fr in the URL) instead of the english version. Both of my ROBLOX website and Create.roblox are set to english and not french so I should see the english version. This forces me to always manually replace docs/fr-fr to docs/en-us in the URL, making my settings useless.

Where and When it happens:
Anytime i join create. roblox. com/docs

Images/Videos:

Images of my settings

Documentation page

Video of me changing the url and it changing it automatically (and displaying translated text)

Reproduction steps:
Have the web browser set to a different language than english and go to Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

I am also experiencing the same thing but in Portuguese (PT-BR) when my settings are set to display all informations in English.

Hey @MonkeyFollicle thank you for the report. The current system for docs uses your device locale as you have pointed out. There is some long term work to change the routing but it will be a while before we get there. I will try to respond here when this change is made.

1 Like

Hey @YuckyBucket! How are you doing?

Thank you for your message! As I have read, it seems that this occurring situation happens based on device locations… Therefore, this led me to have a question about this: Are there any plans for translating based on the feature Location that is synced with your Roblox account settings?

1 Like

I’m good! Thanks for asking :slight_smile:

Its actually less device location but more whatever your device’s locale is set to. Account settings are synced on account sign up from the device locale once. After that changing the locale normally requires setting the language/locale in account settings.

Not sure if I have answered your question. If not can you clarify more with an example of what you are thinking about?

2 Likes

Heya! Good to know that :smile:

I was talking more related to the Location feature instead of changing the Language from your Roblox account (if this makes sense):

Either way, I could comprehend adequately. Thank you @YuckyBucket :blue_heart: