The Roblox Lock tool is messsed up | Selection boxes issue

To replicate:

• Select a part
  • Press on Lock tool
  • Go back to Select/Move
    Last part selection hitbox gets stuck and stays there forever.

I also am very confused as to why the lock tool does not have any icon or why it’s entirety switched to this. It used to be much better to use. Also why can’t you just select something in Workspace and click on the Lock button and it locks it? I have to manually select all parts through Explorer and lock them.

7 Likes

I have this Problem for some days now and today the Icon came back briefly but it didnt work anymore minutes later.
Super annoying

7 Likes

I thought it was just me, makes locking parts very annoying.

5 Likes

You can try zooming out and selecting “nothing” (empty space with no parts) after locking everything. This will make it so that no parts are highlighted in white.

1 Like

Hello,

A fix for the outlines remaining while lock tool is enabled should be in the next release. I’ll circle back after turning it on to see if it fixes the issue

3 Likes

Checking back in, with the new release let us know if you still encounter outlines persisting when lock tool is disabled. Thanks!

2 Likes

On the latest update the issue has been resolved! Thank you! I would suggest adding a mouseIcon when the player selects the Lock tool

1 Like

I have submitted a fix for that issue, hopefully it will be in the next release and turning the fix on will not surface any other issues.

1 Like

Hey there,

There’s another bug with highlights (including the selection tool) that causes the same issue but for a different reason. I’ve tested it again and it’s behaving differently but still not working as intended, I’ll reply with recording of the bug on this week’s release but for now you can check out my previous post about it:

1 Like

Here’s some up to date clips, the first one shows the mentioned bug persisting in this week’s update and the second shows a new behaviour that I didn’t find before.

Forgot to mention, this isn’t a studio-only bug. If a script runs similar code to what I put into the command bar, the same issue can be observed in a live game.

Hello,

This seems to be an issue with Highlight instances? I do have a fix that addresses Highlight Applies To Everything - Forced To Restart that may solve those issues that you are running into that will be in the next release. Will circle back when its on to see if you are still encountering it

2 Likes

A fix for the lock tool icon has been in the latest release. Let me know if you still encounter any icon issues!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.