Thinking of ways to improve my current game idea/project

Currently, I am working on a tower obby game which will have special features like build mode, special modifiers and such.
(Including all basic tower generation, and added pets.)

As of right now, I feel that something is missing in the game’s core gameplay and features. Should I add something to keep players playing?

I’ve been thinking about doing liveops style events, as for say 2x coins weekend, special limited time pets, etc.

I might also be able to add gliding, so say you fall and you would start gliding down to the bottom on a glider or something like that. Yes, this has been done before, I know that.

5 Likes

Here’s some ideas:
Hidden door leads to maze which leads to a coin chest.
Make an animation for when you fall (since you’re making a tower obby).
Different difficulties.

3 Likes

Do you think pets are needed in an objective-based game? The goal of the game is to reach the top of the focus the point, the tower right? In my opinion, most of the time spent in a session would be climbing the tower and constantly falling. So would players have time to interact and or trade pets with each other? I see where you’re going with the pets thing, you’re trying to get players to interact with each other keeping them interested in the game.

3 Likes

Yeah, I see where you are going with this, the main problem is I’m not sure how to make a trading system, exactly with security (even though I script) I’ll probably make a post to point me in the right direction. Thank you!

1 Like

Different difficulties is in mind, falling animation I might work on, and the hidden door sounds interesting. Thanks!

1 Like

It would be cool if you added an explosion effect when the player hits the ground after falling from a high place.

3 Likes

Have you thought about trading cosmetics instead of pets? Cosmetics meaning Backblings, Trails, Death Animations, Gliders, Gliding animation. Pets could also fit into the list of cosmetics if you wanted.

4 Likes

Yes! I’ve thought about these but haven’t gotten to them yet.

1 Like

Before sending some ideas, is your game based on the game “jupiter towers of hell”?

The idea looks the same but with build mode, telling me yes or no could change and improve the ideas im going to give you

https://www.roblox.com/games/2919924313/Jukes-Towers-of-Hell?refPageId=a4e97306-51ea-4140-95fa-a112c97d928e

1 Like

I think the tower of hell is based off of that, in fact, I’m into those types of obby games, but no. I’m working on something like:
https://www.roblox.com/games/1962086868/Tower-of-Hell?refPageId=2de57a24-c865-44f3-aaf1-24c0f38a3fb5
but with extra features and different things.

1 Like

You you have to take into consideration who your target audience is, what will make them come back and keep playing your game, what other additional content they might want in the game, and similar games they might be interested in.

This is because to design an effective and fun, replayable game for your audience, you have to know what things to add to appeal to these player-wants.

Once you know who your target audience is, you can do some research into things that target audience is interested in, and add constructive elements to the game. It is important to remember that adding these elements to the game has to actually add content and serve a purpose, not just adding these elements for the sake of it.

This is just a brief suggestion, if you’d like some more in-depth help, feel free to contact me directly.

3 Likes

Oh ok, just as a fun fact, did you know the onwer and the co-owner of that game worked on jupiter towers of hell? Epic right?

Anyways, here are some ideas:

• Make a big map with places to build, and add secrets around so players can have fun discovering secrets
  • Players should be R6
  • Add cool mechanics to the game
1 Like

I love playing Obby games with music, maybe you should add music. Not to loud, not to quiet, but stuff calming.

1 Like

I’ve taken these ideas into consideration, thank you.

1 Like

I think that I remembered that somewhere! (in my lost memory.) I feel that things to do outside of the tower would add more things to do, such as mazes and rewards for doing certain things.

1 Like

I plan to add music too, I’ve spent countless hours searching the APM library from roblox and have only found 2 fitting sounds so far.

(edit: found 7 more fitting songs in just under a minute, wow.)