This is the most infuriating bug in studio history, why is nobody talking about it?

Whenever I try to type a stud amount without the zero before the decimal, it moves the cursor and ends up inputting a different number than what I typed. In this video I typed “.125” and the output was “.251”. I have been developing on studio for a decade now and this was never a thing until the past couple weeks yet I’ve seen no mention of it by anyone. Typing “0.125” works fine, but leaving out the zero breaks it now all of a sudden. It’s absurd.

Why is this a thing?

5 Likes

this has to be fixed its been driving me crazy

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one experiencing this. I wish I could submit a bug report in the proper section, but how on earth has nobody else done so already?

how did you put videos? cus i cant

You should be able to do it by uploading a file like normal. I uploaded a MP4 file in this example.

As for this bug which remains the bane of my existence, if anyone with the ability to post in the Bug Reports section sees this, please do.

From what it looks like, Roblox Studio automatically puts a zero in front of any decimal point after typing a number after the decimal point and then moves the cursor forward. It either does that before it displays the 1 you typed, or it just doesn’t move the cursor forward enough.

I’d recommend posting something in Bug Reports section.

Only Regulars can post in the Bug Reports section, I cannot.

Send a pm to bug support, someone usually replies within a few days assuming you follow the format: Bug support - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

Alright, I sent them a message, hopefully they do something about this before I go insane.

1 Like

Can’t you just Select it all, then type in a number? Like shown:

Notice how the cursor moves before the number when you type 1?
For some reason this behaviour doesn’t happen for zeroes.

I sometimes spend excessive amounts of time trying to fix an imperfection or seam in my build, only to figure out that my snap to grid was 0.052 studs for the whole time I was building and not 0.025. Extremely infuriating.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s what makes it so infuriating. You don’t notice it until it’s too late and then have to go back and redo a ton of work. Really annoying.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone here know that we are aware of this issue and progress is being made in fixing it soon!
More information here:

Thank you for your patience!

1 Like