Thoughts on this GFX?

I used to make a lot of GFXs for people but I took a long break since I got bored of it and I wasn’t having fun doing it anymore.

Made this last night

open me

It’s the first GFX I made since my break, so some opinions and feedback on how I could improve would be much appreciated. Also, if you were to buy it, what would you offer for it?

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

It depends on what the GFX is for.

Hello, for taking a break from GFX for a while its not really half bad but the lighting i dont really get… like sure red + blue makes purple but it’d look pretty sick if there was red lighting on the left side and then blue lighting on the right side like the background would demonstrate.
If i were to order a commission from you for say I’d pay like maybe 200-300 robux? It’s hard to pinpoint a price for just one GFX shown

You should try to use Principled BSDF for detailed shaders, and decrease the blur of the background - because it makes the whole scene bit unrealistic.

Overall, the work looks solid, I would pay around 150~300 ROBUX.

I’d say it’s an okay good job for first GFX since a break. My suggestion: I don’t really think those lights in the background really fits in the image, maybe try to use white lights and add more darkness outside the police officer. I’d offer 300 robux for it. :herb:

Yeah it was my first time experimenting with different lighting ever while making GFX, I tried putting red on the left and blue on the right but the blue barely showed up. I’ll play around with lighting later, thanks for the feedback! (and merry christmas!)

Well the background was supposed to be of a crime scene during the dark but you can’t really see the cop car since I blurred it too much. But I like the white lights and more darkness around the officer idea, I’ll definitely work on something like that. Thanks for the feedback. :grinning:

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t really know what Principled BSDF is, I’ll look into that later, but yeah I agree I went overboard with the blur. Thank you for the feedback and Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

In case if you’re lost, here are some good resources you could look up to.
Principled BSDF Source | Blender Tips & Tricks (RipperGFX)

Merry Christmas for you too! :santa:

2 Likes

Hey there! Good work, I like the concept and well done on the character pose. Improvement is generally with the background and lighting, they don’t match. For example in the background, you have two bright lights, even though there is no visible lighting coming from behind. It would have been more effective if you did a rim light, kinda like so.
Other than that it’s very nice work, I’d say price it at 150-300!

Understandable. It was my first time playing with lighting that wasn’t just plain white on the character, so I definitely didn’t expect it to come out super perfect. I’ll work on the lighting and maybe even remake the render with your feedback in mind, thanks again!

1 Like

Anytime! You got a lot of the other skills down. Good luck!

1 Like