Tiered audio upload prices with LONGER max length/sizes coming soon!

Live for all.

5 Likes

Uhhh, I tried it… idk what its suppose to do

Edit Nevermind… cheaper is only available… I am dumb

The button disables, then it gets enabled after a short period of time, no messages or anything.

file is an mp3, about 3.6 MB in size.

Browser: Chrome

Edit: It gives me 500 internal error

@WebGL3D

@spotco
It looks like the tiered audio upload prices got reverted, may you take a look?
My audio sonicboom.ogg is only 1 second long but I uploaded it for 100 robux
ss (2016-09-13 at 07.12.46).png

yeah got reverted, should be back up again hopefully thisbweek

2 Likes

On the topic of speeding up sounds (reference: http://devforum.roblox.com/t/current-rules-on-speeding-up-sounds-to-fit-bound/21571):

So if I got a song of about 2:10-2:30, can I be punished if I speed this up to fit 2 minutes, instead of using the original length, in order to make it cheaper for myself? The step from 100 R$ to 500 R$ seems really much for a few extra seconds.

That’s less than 10% sped up. Closer to 7-8% off the top off my head. I doubt the difference between the real audio and the shortened one would be all that noticeable.

I think they currently don’t allow it just because people can speed these up to like 300% where swear words are hard to catch.

I think there’s something somewhere saying that audio should not be sped up, but I can’t imagine speeding it up 10-30% will be a noticeable problem. Moderation is a human process.

Enabling again monday.

1 Like

2-step + tiered audio on Monday possibly, I ha- love Mondays.

1 Like

its up, post if having any problems.
we’ve got data on who’s doing the uploads and will be continuously adjusting the prices.

5 Likes

Was there an update on this? When I uploaded a sound just a minute ago it said the price was 35R$, and this isn’t under one of the tiers, so I’m assuming something was tweaked…

Yeah, it seems like prices for lower tier audio increased and higher tiers decreased, 2-6 minute audio is 350 robux now and they should probably update this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203314070-Audio-Files

Update this as now you can upload 7 minutes of audio. Thanks again ROBLOX. <3

3 Likes

What in the world takes 7 minutes of audio, unless it’s multiple songs/dialouge put together?

idea: Make a 7 minute audio of nothing else but the titles of Public Updates and Announcements, and a bit of what they mean

I’d rather not waste 350(?) of my robux on this.

Robux… my precious.

1 Like

Its not uncommon for songs to be around the 6 minute mark.

1 Like

Trance is a genre that normally hits the 7 to 8 minute mark.

2 Likes