Time Scale Framework

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding what you mean but time doesn’t freeze though, the configuration file module let’s you change how slowed or sped up time is so I can’t really anchor objects. :c

2 Likes

@FracturedSoftware i suggest you use

this to adjust the anim speeds btw gr8 work over all

1 Like

Sounds like a cool idea. Might use this to make my own superhot

Thank you for the suggestions, will look at this now & try and get an implementation working. Haven’t really used animations before asides one or two occasions so I get to learn something new!

Been taking a look at it & it doesn’t show up in the explorer and appears to only be accessible when it is returned by calling LoadAnimation and assigning it a variable. I can add a tag for animations which the developer can tag it once it’s created and hopefully that works but it’s not ideal. Should hopefully work for now though finger crossed.

Animation Update

Quick update, animation support has been added, it’s relatively basic animation support at the moment and can sometimes be a little buggy, please let me know if you have any contributions to make to help make this project any better! :smiley:
The update also contains some humanoid fixes and other small improvements.
Enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue:
Still looking into some kind of multiplayer support… :upside_down_face:

I would find this framework more useful if it were to support multiplayer as well.
Is it possible you could create server-sided API?

I’m working on a possible multiplayer solution at the moment, my current plan is to either blur or hide the other players views so that they would only get an see when a real 1/60th of a second or however long had passed while people who are in the speed time could see normally.
I can add server sided APIs and documentation to this, you got any thoughts on what you would like to see from this?

1 Like

I think just having logic handled on the server (with the client replicating the effect) will be a good way of doing it.

Alright I will work on that later, got to go out quickly for a bit, should have a working implementation of it for later.
Thank you for showing interest! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doing a complete rewrite at the moment to allow for full multiplayer support and a complete API for developers to access to better integrate into any games/projects they work on with this. Also adding comments and documentation to make it more understandable.
Changes I’m working on can be seen on the demo place as I work on them.

1 Like

Update

Multiplayer is taking a little longer than expected as it turns out it requires a fairly large rewrite of the framework, I’ve began the rewrite with the latest version I’ve just pushed. This update features many important changes and improvements.

• APIs for the server so that developers can more easily integrate into their games.
  • CollectionService tags have now been unified to just need the instance to be tagged with “TimeScaleWhitelist”. No more needing to manage tags for each instance!
  • Documentation added. Can now more easily understand what needs to happen in order to get this working!
  • Performance improvements. I’ve now made the script more efficient with updating parts when the time scale changes so there should be less lag when toggling time scale now.

Coming Soon

Still working on multiplayer, got some basic testing going with it but needs lots more refinements before I feel like it can be pushing to the public. More to come soon on this.

1 Like

Update

I’ve taken a feature from a game I’m working on using this framework and added it to the public version. There is now a TimeScaleUtilities module in the ReplicatedStorage which will allow you to run a “Wait” function which takes into account time scale changing.
This update also includes new API in the frameworks function folder with a function called “IsTimeScaleSlowed” which will return true if time scale is slowed otherwise it will return false.
Hope you all enjoy the update, should be no need to modify any existing code at this point unless something drastic changes in the future! The new APIs listed can be found in the documentation module.
Enjoy!

Update

Loads of bug fixes in this release. Sorry for the buggy release last time :pensive:, will improve testing going forwards.
With this release, gravity is now constant and does not need to change anymore.

• Fixed gravity when slowed.
  • Fixed tagging objects to be slowed.
  • Fixed TimeScaleUtilities:Wait().
    Hopefully this update will be good till after Christmas. Enjoy all & merry Christmas! :grin: :christmas_tree:
    Let me know if there is any other bug that need fixing ASAP.

Can you provide a tutorial? I want to use this but don’t get how to set it up.

1 Like

Hello, I have created a Tutorial to walk you through setting up the framework. Hopefully it will be useful to everyone getting into using the framework! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Update

Multiplayer Support

@iGottic Hopefully this will do. :grin:
My brain was actually exploding trying to add this so hopefully it’s all working! :grimacing:
Improvements with this update:

• Improved performance.
  • Multiplayer support.

Multiplayer Limitations

A current limitation with multiplayer is that jumping is normal for players that should in slowed time.

I also have a feeling there might be a bug or two with it that could need ironing out so please keep that in mind and let me know about any bugs you encounter! :stuck_out_tongue:

Finishing Up

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year all. As always, please report any bugs you find and ideas for the future & enjoy the update! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Update

Hello again all :wave:,

This is just a small update that brings with it some changes to better account for settings changing in game.

Thank you all so much for your continued support, I couldn’t do this without you!
Hope you enjoy the update and as usual, report and issues or ideas you have! :smiley:

good job man, you are doing really hard work to make Roblox new physics, my game that is using your time scale module will be improved a lot because of you :smile:

1 Like

this is great. I always had trouble making a realistic slow mo effect but this helps alot! Thank you.

2 Likes