Timer system on server

I would probably put it in a separate script inside serverscriptservice, but that’s just me. You can put it in an existing script, but I like to only use scripts for related tasks.

1 Like

I’ve seen games where you need to wait n number of days if u have a new account to play something like that could probably be useful here. Although may lose a small amount of players by doing that.

That’s absolutely an option here!
Now if you wanted to be super sceptical, you might have the server send information to a discord server (or something similar) if a player is getting very fast times. (Be mindful if you use a web service like Discord, they have a limit to how many times you can send data). If a player is constantly appearing on the webhook, you could get yourself or someone else to join the player’s game and watch yourself. Although that’s probably a lot of work if it doesn’t impact your game too much.

1 Like

Alternatively, new players just can’t get their times on the leaderboard. That might be a better option.

1 Like

Well to be honest I’m not expecting my game to end up that popular, although global leaderboards might attract exploiters, since like u said not many games include them.

Thanks for all the information though, I appreciate it, I think I’m going to be checking if the player is moving at a shady speed like you said and also some sort of how old an account is check.

1 Like