TlsVerificationFail [UNSOLVED]

I’ve seen many posts on the devforumn with this exact issue, and none of them have a comprehensive solution to this issue. Is there any way I can solve this, or at least know what the cause of this issue even is?

More details:
-sometimes Roblox will randomly work for 5m then go back to not working for 5m
-playing a regular Roblox game will give me “Error Code 0”
-when Roblox does randomly work, many textures/meshes, aren’t loaded and the ping is pretty bad
-all devices in my household cant run Roblox
-broken for all my alts
-Only roblox is broken

2 Likes

Have no idea if this will help, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT try running Roblox Studio as administrator. Someone told me to do it once when I had an issue with studio and it resolved it.

3 Likes

That wont do much sadly, the issue also extends to regularly playing a Roblox game. Is there a way to contact a a Roblox admin so I can post this in the bug reports? Also I’ve heard this means I’ve been IP banned, but I can still play Roblox and I have no notification of me being banned at all.

1 Like

Roblox Studio should be installed and run under a normal user (not Administrator).

The symptoms you’re experiencing could caused by the network you’re using. Specifically, TLS Verification Failure means that the server you’re connecting to is not a genuine Roblox server. It could be a network setup issue. For example, you’re using public WiFi, which tries to direct all your traffic through “Guest WiFi Login Page” instead of a Roblox server.

Another thread discussing similar symptoms is here:

2 Likes

The solution in the post didn’t work for me. Also, how could my private wifi not be connecting to a genuine Roblox server. Could that mean I was potentially hacked?

1 Like

have you tried the following ways? Reinstall, restart, reset the browser cache, Try a new Windows account. Completely wipe it off my device and reinstall, Turn off antivirus, firewall, contact roblox support and flush DNS.

Also none of these ways have worked for me, they only worked for others, i made 2 dev posts about it and noone responeded, i have been getting it since may , i hope these methods work for you. bye :slight_smile:

If nothing on your network can access Roblox, maybe the error message is to be believed. Maybe something is trying to MitM your connections. Check the certificate of websites loaded in your browser, what do the details say?

For the DevForum, my browser says:

It doesn’t necessarily mean there is a hacker, some networks just do this.

what should and shouldnt it say?

I generally suggest troubleshooting with openssl:

openssl s_client -connect roblox.com:443

And then take a look at the output, specifically, the verification chain:

Certificate chain
 0 s:C = US, ST = California, O = Roblox Corporation, CN = roblox.com
   i:C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = Sectigo Limited, CN = Sectigo RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
   a:PKEY: rsaEncryption, 2048 (bit); sigalg: RSA-SHA256
   v:NotBefore: Mar 22 00:00:00 2023 GMT; NotAfter: Mar 21 23:59:59 2024 GMT
 1 s:C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = Comodo CA Limited, CN = AAA Certificate Services
   i:C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = Comodo CA Limited, CN = AAA Certificate Services
   a:PKEY: rsaEncryption, 2048 (bit); sigalg: RSA-SHA1
   v:NotBefore: Jan  1 00:00:00 2004 GMT; NotAfter: Dec 31 23:59:59 2028 GMT
 2 s:C = US, ST = New Jersey, L = Jersey City, O = The USERTRUST Network, CN = USERTrust RSA Certification Authority
   i:C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = Comodo CA Limited, CN = AAA Certificate Services
   a:PKEY: rsaEncryption, 4096 (bit); sigalg: RSA-SHA384
   v:NotBefore: Mar 12 00:00:00 2019 GMT; NotAfter: Dec 31 23:59:59 2028 GMT
 3 s:C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = Sectigo Limited, CN = Sectigo RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
   i:C = US, ST = New Jersey, L = Jersey City, O = The USERTRUST Network, CN = USERTrust RSA Certification Authority
   a:PKEY: rsaEncryption, 2048 (bit); sigalg: RSA-SHA384
   v:NotBefore: Nov  2 00:00:00 2018 GMT; NotAfter: Dec 31 23:59:59 2030 GMT

One more thing that might be happening, is that your OS does not have expected root CA certificates (but that would also affect many other sites).