Tool Disappearing Bug (EXTRA DETAILS)

This happens in all my games, when I do Test -> Start Local Server -> Any amount of players

It doesn’t matter if a tool is cloned into the backpack or put there via StarterPack. The tool disappears after roughly 2 second, without clicking or anything.

This happens only if FilteringEnabled is turned on, and if the tool has a handle. The “2 seconds -> delete” starts after you equip the tool.

I’m guessing this is a safety feature bugging out. My brother is having the same exact problem on an empty baseplate and a tool with a simple handle + localscript.

MORE DETAILS:

This bug “goes away” SOMETIMES if you wait a bit, equip another tool that has no handle, click, and go back to the tool with a handle. It doesn’t disappear after 2 seconds.

The things my script has in common with my brothers is we both have LocalScripts, Handles with sounds, in the scripts we have an Equipped event and a “mouse.Button1Down” eventinside the .Equipped event.

MY TOOLS WORKED not too long ago; this is a very new bug. I made no changes to my game and this started happening.

1 Like

Please don’t start new threads for things that could have been replies to existing bugs. Move your information here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/tools-randomly-being-removed-from-player-in-studio-not-online-cant-rollback-to-fix/93775