Tool flinging player backwards

Hello everyone, I’m working on a hiking game and am having trouble working on a ladder tool.
The ladder tool makes a model and places it in workspace when clicked, is preview model is parented to the tool itself. When I’m testing the game, after a little while after jumping, I get pushed back whenever I go near the ladder model as you can see in the GIF below.

I’m confused and I don’t know why this is happening. Thanks,
Alek

3 Likes

You need to anchor the parts the tool places down.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; all of the parts are welded to this one primary part that has can collide turned off but I want to keep the ladder being unanchored as that’s one of the main mechanics of the game

2 Likes

Ah. In that case, you need them to not be parented to the character model.

2 Likes

The placed ladder is parented to workspace and I think that is what is flinging me anyway.

2 Likes

Okay, have you tried the new controller?

1 Like

I’ll try that, thanks. Character Limit

1 Like

So, I tried that and my character clips through the floor so you can only see it’s torso, I have no idea what’s making it do that…

2 Likes

Is it an R6 character rig type?

2 Likes

Don’t put the preview ladder inside the tool. That’s what is causing the issue.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what is flinging the player, in the GIF whenever you go near the placed ladder it pushes the player back.

1 Like

Yeah it is. Character Limit!!!

1 Like

You just need to increase the ground offset (which I’m sure you are aware of after reading the post provided).

1 Like

Is there still any other fixes for this issue?

What have you changed?

I tried changing the ladder to massless and it got flung around really easily so I changed it back, not sure if that could help fix the issue

1 Like

Yeah, can’t find any other posts about this problem…

Just parent the ladder outside of the tool. The tool should only contain “Handle” as a part.