Tool Gets automatically picked up even though Touch Interests are destroyed

Unfortunately this does not work.

1 Like

If all else fails, you can always use a check in Backpack.ChildAdded for the tool’s name and delete it if it matches.

I feel as though that would be unnecessary as it would just be checking when a tool gets added to the players backpack. (Being pointless because at that time the tool would of already been automatically picked up. Something I’m trying to remove).

If you do not intend to keep the tool lingering, you can have the tool deleted when dropped which would not allow it to be picked up. You can also mess with what makes a tool a tool, like Class, Names, etc. though I’m not sure why the previous solutions have not worked.

I’m sorry but that will not be possible as it would mess up the entire system I’m making.

Why don’t you want them to pick it up? Could you only insert the handle if it’s just for visuals when they drop it?

1 Like

There will be a manual proximity prompt to pick it back up but its currently auto picking it back up without using the prompt.

I find this very odd, as I did some research, and the solutions prior seem to be common practice with the task you want to achieve. How can I disable TouchInterests? - #2 by TOP_Crundee123

Also, side note: use task.wait() instead of wait().

Ive never used Task.Wait. What difference does it make?

Could you disable CanBeDropped, and use UserInputService to check for when they press backspace, and then insert the tool’s handle based on their humanoidrootpart lookvector, add a proximity prompt to that, clone the actual tool and delete the handle in workspace when the proximity prompt is activated.

It’s faster and more accurate compared to wait()

Refer to this thread.
TL;DR: It’s more optimized

Currently in my system, CanBeDropped = false and the user presses ‘Q’ to drop tool. I could try deleting the tool and cloning it.

Clone the handle, delete the tool

wait why would i only clone the handle when the tool has loads of different parts and mesh parts.

Ok, then clone all of those, just not the main tool right? You don’t want it to get picked up

With tools, if there is a part named “Handle”, it is simply impossible to prevent them from picking it up. If you want a custom method for picking up tools, you just have to rename the handle to something other than “Handle,” then you write your script for picking up the tool.

Alr so what I’ve done is Temporarily Rename the handle to something different and once it’s picked back up it’s renamed back to “Handle”. This seems to work.

1 Like

I should have mentioned to do that, but you got the idea… lol. Anyway, glad it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.