Tool Images for the Backpack

Context: Tools are a huge factor of many fighting games like the one I’m working on. With this comes a yearn for detail with the tools used to fight, I have previously posted a question similar to this, however only one response was achieved with little detail of software to use.

Question: How can I as a developer make images for the tools? What do I mean by images? I mean thumbnails/previews of the tool that can replace the boring text that is shown on the backpack CoreUI. An example of this is posted below. Credits to the game I referenced the image-example from: Criminality.

Example

While I have tried many solutions such as using a green screen and screenshots with cropping, this did not work and produced poor quality images. Any help is appreciated!

Are you using custom-made tools?

You can always consider rendering them in blender and saving the result as a .PNG! You can upload it as a decal and use rbxassetid:// or set the property inside the tool.

As far as actually getting the images, Blender is probably your best bet for getting a high-quality, detailed result.

An alternative, but more likely to return a less detailed result, was shared by AustnBlox.
I’ll update this if I come across any more methods.

Are you using custom-made tools?

If you’re using Roblox gears, you can just get the image from their page on the site.

2 Likes

Yes these are custom-made tools! I appreciate your response and I will try the solution out. If it ends up working, ill update the post with what I had done.

1 Like