Toolbox searchbar input gets autodeleted past a certain amount of characters

Whenever I try to type stuff in toolbox, I have a chance of getting my input deleted before I can press enter to search for said input.

• The bug always appear as long as you type “sha” in the toolbox (I was trying to search for a "shadow " model (those bricks with varying levels of transparency put next to each other)).
• I found that typing in “asha” only deletes the text till the first a.
• Typing in v will paste the last thing you’ve copied to clipboard
• typing in the letter z will have a small chance of temporarily blocking any new input in the toolbox search bar (lasts about 30 seconds).
You can type random stuff in the toolbox and you’ll notice that the toolbox starts deleting your input when your input passes an arbitrary amount of characters or unique characters.

I can still normally search the library using my deleted input. This bug occurs for all toolbox categories (Inventory and MarketPlace and their subcategories).

The bug seems to only have occurred after I’ve opened this place for the first time

Reopening the place made the bug disappear, but I’m posting this in case it reoccurs.

I haven’t worked in studio for a few days, so I assume that this bug came into existence since last Wednesday

3 Likes

Can confirm this happened to me too. Instead of shadow, I searched for “Unicorn package” and it deleted the input after it went past “pac”

for me this happens with the in game chat and the console. Seems the new text update probably caused this

Can confirm this also happens to me, I was trying to search for some “calming” music, but as soon as I typed the ‘a’ the c would disappear.

It’s not that text input is auto-deleted past a certain amount of characters, but that the Ctrl+A shortcut is triggered, which selects all the text in the textbox, and then a is input (which deletes everything that was selected and replaces it with the letter a).

A repro for this is very similar to the repro for the paste bug for the toolbox (which has yet to be fixed):

1. Click on the search box to focus on it.
  2. Hold ctrl and then click on the viewport to make the search box lose focus.
  3. Re-focus on the search box by clicking on it.
  4. Without pressing ctrl, press a. Everything in the textbox is now replaced with the letter a.

This bug isn’t exclusive to the textbox btw. This bug occurs in textboxes inside plugin widgets in general (possibly in-game textboxes, too, but I can’t find a repro for those).

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Should explain why most of the bug cases have something to do with the letter a. Doesn’t explain the Z bug though :confused:

Possibly related: for some reason, executing the shortcut for cut (ctrl+x) without any text selected in the textbox will prevent any new text from being entered until you re-focus on the textbox by clicking on it again.

edit: The bug occurs even if text is selected!