Topbar+ v1 (deprecated) | Add additional functionality and themes to your topbar

Not very good info on how to install it.

You can learn how to install Topbar+ here: https://1foreverhd.github.io/HDAdmin/projects/topbarplus/about/#example

In the future we plan to provide additional methods aside from depending upon MainModules to install and update projects such as Topbar+.

1 Like

Hey I don’t want HD admin logo on my top bar though.

As I use basic admin but want a custom top bar.

HD Admin uses Topbar+, however Topbar+ and the HD Admin Core are independent from each other. The HD icons from the example images are just examples. You have full control over what icons you can create and remove.

2 Likes

Small issue I’ve run into;
“Controller Mode” appears on the top right, despite no recent inputs from a controller. (It’s likely detecting my Wooting Keyboard’s emulated controller via Roblox’s default detection)

This by itself is not a huge issue, but if it’s clicked it switches the UI into ‘controller mode’ with no way to switch it back unless I plug-in a controller or rebind one of my keys to give controller inputs.

I’d suggest making the ‘Down on D-Pad’ prompt clickable in-case of scenarios where this occurs, and also perhaps using ‘last input’ to detect if a controller is actually present. I’ve noticed Roblox’s default detection will also detect certain 3rd party drivers used to get PS3 controllers working on PC as controllers, even when the PS3 controller is unplugged.

If this isn’t a bug, please kindly disregard. Appreciate this wonderful utility regardless!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, this should be fixed now: Mouse clickable controller dropdown icon by Lucke0051 · Pull Request #47 · nanoblox/core · GitHub

3 Likes

Hello, I edited the module and made this.

-- i made a topbar set.
local icon = iconController:createTopbar()
-- To enable
iconController:setOn()
-- to disable
iconController:setOff()

Hey. I was wondering if this works without HD Admin ingame as I can’t seem to get it to work.

1 Like

You can use just Topbar+ without HD Admin by doing the following: require(4874365424)

Read more: https://1foreverhd.github.io/HDAdmin/projects/topbarplus/about/

2 Likes

Hello,
I am unable to make this work.

I keep getting the following error in the output:

The image HAS been approved and I’ve checked the id multiple times. I also noticed that when I access the topbar image label in game and paste the id in there, it works!

Looks like an issue on your end. Are any Roblox domains blocked on your network?

1 Like

This look’s so cool, I’m just confused on how I insert it into my game.

Hey, so i got a problem. My custom icons wont show up unless i pressed ESC atleast once.

New feature

Captions

icon:setCaption("Caption Text")

captions

Thanks to @Lucke0051 for developing this feature, and @Repotted and @GodzGalaxy for the inspiration from their game Outlaster!

5 Likes

I think there is a bug, when I set all the gui objects inside the screen gui I want to toggle withthe button invisible. (When I set them in roblox studio). When testing after, the toggling doesn’t work, but when I set it to visible in studio and test it after, the toggling works.

Hi there @ForeverHD, I was struggling to get my top bar icon to work after respawning. It was working perfectly fine when I first spawned. However when I died, the button stopped working. Plus, could you explain how to get rid of the random notification signs that pop up on the button when you join?

To make Topbar+ persist:

A notification is created using the :notify method. Remove all these from your code to stop notifications.

You can learn about this and more here: https://1foreverhd.github.io/HDAdmin/projects/topbarplus/about

Nevermind! I got the respawn part working! My bad it was set to ResetOnSpawn.

Thanks for replying! I’ll look into it closely!

Oh I got it working! Thank you so much!

1 Like