TopbarSafeInsets is wrong on Xbox and PS4 with new experience controls

With the new experience controls, ScreenGui.ScreenInsets.TopbarSafeInsets is wrong for Xbox and PS4 devices. The escape menu icon is misplaced and the ScreenGui with TopbarSafeInsets has an incorrect AbsoluteSize. This is problematic because it breaks custom topbar elements that rely on the size of the safe insets. Here’s an example of what this looks like with the emulator in studio for Xbox:

As you can see, in the top left the escape menu button is overlapping with the other buttons. In the top right there are custom topbar buttons getting cut off because the AbsoluteSize of the ScreenGui is wrong.

1 Like

As per the original announcement, the new experience controls are not yet available on consoles. They’ll probably get this fixed once they add proper console support.

Actually, I have already received a report from one of my Xbox players experiencing this issue. That’s the only reason why I became aware of this bug in the first place.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like