Procedurally Generated Maze Algorithm

So, yesterday I made a cool procedurally generated maze algorithm that uses backtracking. It works for any size, but the bigger it is the longer it takes. I hope you like it!

Quick Update: This is now open-sourced. https://www.roblox.com/games/7243191982/Maze-Generator (Note: This was made on my other account, that’s why it says it’s by gibblesham2)

25 Likes

This is very impressive, it generates automatically which it’s cool. Nice putting so much effort on this. The hardwork of your is amazing.

3 Likes

Wow! That is awesome must’ve taken a while! Its amazing the things you can do with roblox these days!

1 Like

That is incredibly impressive! Keep up the amazing work!

1 Like

Love it! Do you plan to make it open source?

1 Like

I’m replying so that you can see the edit. Here’s the link! Maze Generator - Roblox

Love it! You can put it on community resources. I think that a lot of people would use that if you put it there. :wink:

2 Likes

Wow this is cool! I will definitely use this (I will credit you of course)

Seed 1678651358 with size x and y 25 fails to make a maze with an exit. This has happened multiple times with other seeds. I’m gonna see if I can figure out why.

So I found this weird noise generation code and I just changed it to math.random(0,1000) and it seems to be working better? Will update more later.

3 Likes