Trailer for my new game "the final hours"

Hey everyone! I have been making a game called “The final hours” for about a month or so. Here is the trailer! its releasing tommorow! Go check it out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfepRY1BKw&ab_channel=Butter’sDevChannel

Thanks!

13 Likes

:wave:Hello! I just watched the trailer for your horror game and wanted to share my opinion. While the concept sounds interesting, I noticed that the trailer itself feels a bit empty and lacks content that truly showcases the gameplay experience. The lighting and context could also be improved to effectively convey the terrifying atmosphere of the game. I suggest including more impactful and revealing gameplay scenes or moments in future trailers to grab the viewers’ attention and provide them with a clearer idea of what your game is about. I’m looking forward to seeing how it evolves and improves in the future!

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! Yes I agree about the fact about having a lack of gameplay in the trailer. One of the main reasons why I couldn’t achieve this was because my computer is rlly bad lol. You could see the stuttering in the trailer. However I shall improve the trailer further in the near future. Thanks!

4 Likes

The trailer is very unpolished and made by some cutscene editor. If I were to be recommended this trailer on YouTube and watch it, I wouldn’t know what the game is about or what it is trying to convey. This is my personal opinion, however. If someone were to stumble across this game and watch the trailer, they would think it’s poorly made and wouldn’t play it; That’s not assuming your game is poorly made. I would like to see where you take this project in the future, with all due respect.

4 Likes

I agree with your comment entirely.my username in the corner and the low resolution. I did rush this quite a lot and I thought I would just make it for fun so people just know the game is coming other than that I completely agree that it’s unpolished. Thanks!

3 Likes

bump character

2 Likes

3.5/10

when i saw this post, i was convinced that it was made by an 7 yo judging by the title, thumbnail and even the description itself.

when i was watching the trailer, i felt an unholy amount of cringe crawling through my spine as a literal typical horror trailer music plays and it has a poorly made cutscene (not even in roblox studio judging by the leaderboard) with the camera going through random places

yes, this was a genuine feeling that i had and isn’t me being harsh on some kid.
and no, the concept of a horror game taking place in some starbucks rip-off isn’t interesting as those “Experience” games already did that like for example “The Theater Experience” (tho with more quality than this game unfortunately).

the reason why it’s 3.5/10 and not 0/10 is because i think you could do better, since you probably made this game as like some sort of a passion project.

i recommend you watch several tutorials and reading through articles and forums to you can make a better game than those “Experience” games.
here:

3 Likes

I think this is a great start for a trailer! I like the way you’re building tension with a slow reveal and the dizzy rotation of the camera is a good way to emphasize a feeling disorientation and unease for a horror game. Creatively, it has potential but I think I agree with the other commenters that a little more detail in the scene could help build interest even more. The tone is there, it just needs more content. Great start though! Your storytelling instincts are definitely on point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

actually no, for me it is just some random positions with random orientations which then points to the antagonist.
i’ll give him some credit for at least trying

1 Like

I agree with your points, and some good resources linked there. However, there is absolutely no reason to say the words I address in the following quotes:

This is a crude way to criticise. Again, your points are agreeable, however there’s no reason to just be disrespectful, e.g. just “cringe” would have been fine even though there are better words, “unholy” is not useful to say because it doesn’t connote an issue in a constructive manner, whereas something like ‘low effort’ does.

Again, the wording here is unnecessary. You could have just said ‘low quality’ or the likes, why say “7 yo”? It’s just disrespectful, and it’s unhelpful, doesn’t directly tell you what is wrong. Also, mention the issues you have with the title and thumbnail and description; don’t just say ‘it’s bad’ and leave it at that, unlike when you criticised the trailer.

6 Likes

i am tired out of my mind.
anyways.

the title is all lower caps which gives me this vibe of a meme-ish horror game just like weird strict dad, plus the description is basically an “Experience” game, but worse.
the thumbnail isn’t good either as it was made in studio without proper make-up such as well, color correction for example.
it’s just some dude with a generic horror face that’s peaking from what appears to be wall from “RoCoofe”.

the only thing that makes this game have a 3.5/10 points is the comparison between this game and “Pooler” (now privated as it is now old and it’s bad).
“Pooler” is worse because there’s no progression and the monster is harmless and is literally just some shadow dude with red glowing eyes.
this game probably has some sort of a progression system and includes a dude that resembles an old 2006 roblox avatar (which is less cringe-worthy than a literal shadow dude) with a generic horror face.

i’m sorry if op gets offended by the previous reply and i’m sorry if that made you upset that i’ve used phrases such as “unholy amount of cringe”.

3 Likes

If you’re too tired to be considerate and polite, why post at all? Giving constructive feedback can be helpful. Belittling someone for their efforts is not. Stick to something you’re good at. Giving feedback isn’t it.

5 Likes

That’s fair enough, and I really appreciate the amendment, I’m sure the poster will too, I just think it’s a lot easier to accept help and to be helpful without being too brutal but I understand why you might say it. It’s a confusing balance to use :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

i was trying to be as honest as possible, honesty can lead to better games in the future.
the only constructive feedback that i have is it being better than my old 2019 game (from bodoEnd90 account), “Pooler”.

i’ve also put several links for op to use as resources for future projects.

4 Likes

Honesty is only helpful if it’s delivered in a respectful way. The links were definitely great resources but it would have been more effective to just send those with reasons why you think they would be helpful to OP and avoid making personal attacks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and the resources! I can see where you are coming from but as other others have mentioned some of the comments are a tad but unnecessary. Thanks though.

2 Likes