Trouble getting and using the players avater from their userid

i dont know how i would handle the logic so i think i might have to just leave it be
rip

1 Like

If you add an attachment(s) named “HairAttachment” and “HatAttachment” to your character’s head it should automatically put the “MeshPartAccessory”, inside the model provided via insert service, to the correct attachment. Make sure your StarterCharacter has a “Humanoid” object too.

it has a humanoid but they’re still not positioned correctly

Ensure you added an attachment named “HatAttachment” and “HairAttachment” inside of your model’s “Head” and move the attachments around to the position you desire.
After that, ensure you are moving the “Accessory” item to the player’s model. InsertService:LoadAsset() provides a model that contains an “Accessory” which is what you want to parent to the player’s model.

the hat is pulled strait from the marketplace and it is a hatattachment

I’m not entirely sure then. Every free model I have added, I can add a “Humanoid” and “HatAttachment” to the model and position it to where I would like(with the move tool) for hats to work and position properly.
Make sure everything is spelled properly, if there is an “OriginalValue” value inside of the attachment, delete it, and make sure you positioned and/or rotated it to where you would like. Also ensure the hat is being inserted as an “Accessory” and not as the “Model” it is delivered in via InsertService.(If you are unsure what I am talking about, load the game and view wherever the Accessory is parented and you’ll see the “Model” it is delivered in)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.