Try the New Roblox Studio Onboarding Experience!

This looks absolutely incredible, I really love the design and it seems very organized and easy to follow :smiley:

I am hoping for more courses and more categories to come, I would also wish that the Dev hub main page get a little refresh.

But overall I really liked it, Great job!

6 Likes

This is such a good addition! As someone with absolutely zero coding knowledge who’s been wanting to learn, I’ve always had a bit of trouble finding clear and concise tutorials that aren’t overly intimidating. I’m glad there are some more beginner resources for a variety of topics now.

Reading through the new guides here is motivating me to want to learn more, and will hopefully motivate others too. Thank you for this!

8 Likes

There’s a section called Development Tools which could be used to introduce the concept of plugins and how to make them.

If you do want to get started with plugin development, turn on plugin debugging and set up a rojo project.

I’d also advise having an empty rbxm so you can get to a plugin object inside studio for that plugin

You can then use that to incrementally build to an RBXM that you can then reload into Studio itself.

3 Likes

This looks great! It looks like a professional company that allows players to learn how to do the basic’s of everything that they need ! in order to make their own game.

On mobile its a but buggy, not a huge surprise since this is a on going project, as well as it being highly focused on PC players

6 Likes

UI Design is amazing.

I tried to find some bugs, no bugs!

This feature looks cool too lol:

However pretty useful for beginners.

2 Likes

Wow! This is incredible for people who want to start but aren’t sure were to start and thins is helpful for people who are starting out as developers and want to improve on that. Amazing to see how big Roblox has grown!

1 Like

As of the release of the updated onboarding guide for learning studio tutorials, I am quite contented with the way it has been organized and the different topics it is covering around the areas! I think this is beneficial for newer users to understand the studio’s basics and not just for new users but for people who are already using the studio could find this really accommodating in some circumstances.

As you have stated in your thread, you mentioned the release of up-and-coming 30+ more courses which is amazing and I can’t wait to look over them and see it for myself.

4 Likes

This is actually good for starters for those who chose to use roblox studio.

For me, I would actually read this since I have little knowledge on scripting while I can build already with no confusion.

3 Likes

Could this possibly allow for official community tutorials, where a user can send an idea/script to a staff member and it gets published?

5 Likes

A much clear UI design, Thank you!

2 Likes

Finally I have something to send my friends when they ask “how do you make games”

7 Likes

Wow, looks like you’ve done a great job! I definitely would’ve used this back in 2018 when I started learning. I might check it out some time to see if there’s anything I don’t currently know!

4 Likes

This is one of the best things I’ve seen happen to roblox development. Starting out was kinda rough for me (and many others too, according to what I’ve seen on the forum and elsewhere) and it’s great to see roblox addressing this type of issues. Not only is the UX much better than it used to be, but the design of the onboarding page is simply gorgeous. Not sure how others perceive this, but an appealing design and organized, well explained tutorials keep me hooked. Really helpful for beginners. Thanks for this!

Also, not sure if this is new or if I missed something, but love that there’s a button to copy code now instead if having to highlight it and copy it manually.

3 Likes

This is a change for the better for sure!

The old tutorial only showed you how to make an obby and it made you copy paste code without the reader even knowing what it meant, it never even told the reader what variables are.

The new tutorial now teaches you what data stores are and how to model and so many great things beginner developers had a hard time finding. It even shows you additional places to get help such as the DevHub and here on the DevForum. This new introduction is a great update and I hope more features are coming to it soon.

5 Likes

This is great! New opportunities for users to learn the ropes in Studio, can’t wait to see where this goes in the future. Hopefully it doesn’t get abandoned :frowning:

4 Likes

I love this! I hope new users find this interesting!

4 Likes

This looks a lot like CK Studio+ lmao

Regardless, I’m really excited for this. More developers is alwats better!

6 Likes

The UI design is so incredibly amazing, and it even goes straight to the point with beginner stuff! Please use this page for beginner users.

3 Likes

OMG! I can finally learn to script properly!!!

3 Likes

Wonderful upgrade and beautiful UI and UX design! :star_struck:
[small]Those who worked on this deserve a raise…[/small]

7 Likes