Trying to connect data to MongoDB results in Post Size Error

I know this is a long shot as most people use ROBLOX’s regular datastores, but I need an alternative solution for my game due to the datastore size limit of ~4MB.

I am using Rongo (an API wrapper for MongoDB) and I keep running into an issue with trying to update data/documents.

[RONGO] Request Failed: Post data too large. Limit: 1024 KB. Post size: 3910 KB

I’m not sure if this is a ROBLOX issue or a MongoDB issue. I cannot find any information or documentation about this online. Is it just impossible to write more than 1MB of data to MongoDB, or is this an issue with ROBLOX HTTP requests?

Hopefully somebody here has knowledge of MongoDB and can point out a potential solution, if there is one.

If not I might have to try storing it on a data server I own, but that seems more difficult than just using a MongoDB API wrapper like this.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar to Rongo and MongoDB, so the only advice I can give you is to ask the creator of Rongo here.

Good luck and Have a nice day

2 Likes

Hey there, I am pretty sure this may be an issue with Roblox as I don’t recall MongoDB having limitations of that size. What exactly are you trying to do with Rongo? (i.e what type of data are you attempting to upload that is causing it to be more than 1MB)

1 Like