Trying to have different Starter Characters for each player based on a stat

I am trying to make it so players have unique starter characters based on what the value of a certain stat attached to them is.

The issue with this is that the newest player to join/change their value will override the starter character for ALL players instead of just that specific player.

I have tried fixes such as not running the code in functions, having the change detector in the player-added function, and moving the script to workspace but neither of those seemed to work.

The code I made is below.

local function change_character(plr)
	local sp = game.StarterPlayer

if plr:WaitForChild("EquippedCostume").Value ~= "None" then

if sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter") ~= nil then sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter"):Destroy() else end

newcostume = game.ServerStorage.Costumes:FindFirstChild(plr:WaitForChild("EquippedCostume").Value):Clone()
			newcostume.Name = "StarterCharacter"
			newcostume.Parent = sp

plr:LoadCharacter()	

else
		sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter"):Destroy()

plr:LoadCharacter()	
	end	
end

local function change_characterNoLoad(plr)

local sp = game.StarterPlayer

task.wait()

if plr:WaitForChild("EquippedCostume").Value ~= "None" then

if sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter") ~= nil then sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter"):Destroy() else end

repeat
		task.wait()

newcostume = game.ServerStorage.Costumes:FindFirstChild(plr.EquippedCostume.Value):Clone()
		newcostume.Name = "StarterCharacter"
		newcostume.Parent = sp
		until sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter") ~= nil

else
		sp:FindFirstChild("StarterCharacter"):Destroy()

end

end

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)

task.wait(3)

change_character(plr)

plr:WaitForChild("EquippedCostume"):GetPropertyChangedSignal("Value"):Connect(function()

task.wait(0.25)

change_characterNoLoad(plr)

end)
end)

How would I go about fixing this code so a player changing their starter character only applies to them and not the entire server, as well as that starter character still showing for everyone including the player?

1 Like

Figured out the solution myself.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.