Trying to import model from blender to roblox without it losing its material and colors

Im trying to get this hammer into roblox studio without it losing its color and material. All the tutorials I find are just people taking them into parts in coloring them in roblox studio.

3 Likes

I have tried searching around but I cant find anything. I might just be dumb tho but please tell me if there is anything that I can do

1 Like

Did you export it as an FBX file? I’m not an expert at Blender, but when I export my meshes as an FBX file, the color and texture are saved along with the mesh.

1 Like

Im also exporting as an FBX file but they are not saving. Is there any setting u need to have enabled?

I don’t think there’s a setting to enable. I don’t know anything else about Blender, so this is the most I can tell you.

Ok I will keep searching around, have a good day :smiley:

3 Likes

Im no expert with blender either, however any time that I have imported a mesh I use a texture to color it (I believe it can do material textures too?). This will involve uv-unwrapping the mesh in blender then going through the process of “baking” the texture to get an image file that you can set on the properties tab of the mesh.
You will probably have to play around with lighting and nodes in blender to get it exactly how you want it, as I believe the defults include shadows and what-not. I cant give specifics, but im sure theres tons of tutorials about baking textures in blender.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve made a tutorial on how to do this, some time ago, you may check it here:How to easily import blender models to Roblox studio - YouTube

You want to export as FBX, and use the Roblox studio asset manager, (my video doesn’t showcase the texture exporting and importing but it’s a process done automatically if you follow the steps in the video.)
(it’s not the best tutorial, I might remake it soon and a few things might be a bit confusing so watch carefully)

If you have further problems reply to this post with a screenshot of the shading tab and the materials.

4 Likes

Im going to check it out now my internet was bad so I couldnt respond for a bit

2 Likes

It has diffrent shadings per part but here is a image of one of them. I tried your tutorial but it didnt keep the textures. I cant upload the image for some reason tho

1 Like

As you’re exporting, set the path mode to “Copy”, then press the Embedded Textures button.

2 Likes

I actually tried that but it didnt work either do you have any idea what I could have done wrong

1 Like

It finally let me send pictures here are the shadings of all the parts of the hammer.

1 Like

@eelllliioott007
You cant import material, but you can import textures.
Its very simple first bake your materials (ColorMap, MetalnessMap, NormalMap, RoughnessMap) then import as Obj to files (dont forget to import your textures too) after that add SurfaceAppearance to the part and add your textures DONE :slight_smile: .
It works 100% i just test it 8 times to figure is out :skull: .

7 Likes

I already knew how to do this, I’d just like to know how to export from blender to studio with it keeping it’s texture.