Trying to move Part to position "Not Working"

No Errors in Output,It is Local Script in the part

3 Likes

Try this

workspace.Part.Position = CFrame.new(Vector3.new(-726.48, 1.487, 648.42))

Edit:
However I think it’s supposed to be Part.CFrame

2 Likes

Maybe try explaining what you are trying to accomplish with this. This appear to me to be oddly like an XY Problem question.

@wevetments No, if you look at the wiki CFrame.new can take in two Vectors: one to position at and one to orient at.

2 Likes

weell its not working,and my part is anchored

im tryng to make part go to position

If you are just trying to move the part, couldn’t you just do

Part.Position = Vector3.new(-726.48, 1.487, 648.42)

First of all, if you used proper grammar, it would really help all of us and would gain you respect. It’s not needed though.

Next, if you do it on a LocalScript, the part will only move for the client, not the whole server.

@wevetments It’s always better to change the Part.CFrame as Part.Position will do weird things if something else is already at that coordinate. If you need more info on this, DM me and I’ll show you.

3 Likes

Should it be anchored?just in case

Part.CFrame = CFrame.new(Vector3.new(-726.48, 1.487, 648.42))

This works for me

Edit:
Or this will work

4 Likes

The part doesn’t need to be anchored, but if you want it to stay in it’s position, it has to be anchored

1 Like

It all depends on what you are trying to do. You need to explain your context more.

@wevetments CFrame.new(-726.48, 1.487, 648.42) will work exactly like CFrame.new(Vector3.new(-726.48, 1.487, 648.42)). It’s a little thing, but just pointing it out for future reference (it’s also better on performance as you aren’t creating a useless Vector3).

4 Likes

um when its unanchored it falls and i used Part.CFrame = CFrame.new(Vector3.new(-726.48, 1.487, 648.42))

It must be anchored then, anchoring a part will prevent it from falling. Changing a part’s CFrame will not anchor it automatically.

1 Like

I really suggest working on your grammar buddy. It helps us understand you more. But at least your problem is fixed.

1 Like

the local script is inside the part

Wait, are you using a LocalScript inside of a Part which is inside of Workspace? LocalScripts should only be used on the client. You should be using a Script.

1 Like

The localscript won’t run on the client, unless the part is parented to the client’s character.

2 Likes