Trying To Remove The Animation From My Character

Hello, I am trying to get my character’s animation removed for a Still Standing Character. I have tried to use this script that I got from this site:

workspace.Player["Animate"]:Destroy()

but in exchange, I want it to delete the Animation Script from my Character.

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)

Trying to have a still Character for my FPS Game with no movement.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)

When I tried it in:
LocalScript
Normal Script
StarterGui
StarterPlayerScripts
Workspace
ServerScriptStorage
StarterPack

It did not seem to work at all.

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)

I have checked through the Wiki and through the DevForums but no luck trying to find that Answer

• Further Details

No need to provide me with a full script, I am trying to design this myself and trying to correct my mistakes.

There is no need to manually destroy the Animate script, you can remove the Animate script from the character by placing a local/server script named Animate in StarterCharacterScripts, and you can also implement animations yourself there.
The Animate script you created can also be disabled, and it will be guaranteed not to play any animations too.

This is also on the StarterCharacterScripts API Reference page, but you wouldn’t have caught this!

11 Likes

Alright, I was thinking of replacing the Default Roblox Animation with my own as a Alternative to this. Any idea on how to Achieve this?

The easiest way to make your own alternative animations is through forking the Animate script from the character into StarterCharacterScripts, and editing the StringValues under it:

If you place your own animation id’s in it, it will replace the default animation with the one you provided.

You can still script your own system for it, even use CFrame manipulation through the Transform properties in each Motor6D, outlined in this old post:

Ahh that sounded easy. Thank you for the tip.

2 Likes

I remove my player’s “Animate” script through their character in workspace. A solution that you could use is to check for a character (perhaps through Player/CharacterAdded) and remove the said character’s default animation script.

1 Like

A bit of a hack or oversight, but it doesn’t need to be a script. I insert a BoolValue named Animate to get rid of the script the same way, if needbe. It checks by name to determine if the script should be inserted or not.

2 Likes

You could just add a script with no code…

Yes, that’s what was initially pointed out by the person I was replying to. Read my response again to understand what I was saying.

2 Likes