Trying to use assets from the ROBLOX Account In The Catalog Within Studio

Hello, so I have been working on my FPS Game called BattleGun and for some reason when I want to use the assets from the ROBLOX account. I cannot do that because my FPS Game needs guns to be able to work. I need to have like a minimum of 7 working guns and then im happy with it. Otherwise, I might delay the release a little longer.

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I am trying to use the Assets made by ROBLOX

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    In this screenshot is a gun asset that I want to use in my game and only this one from ROBLOX:
    lgibLiuvDq

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    So far, I have tried to use the search function in Studio using the User filter and having the name “ROBLOX” as the main filter for items such as this:
    tVK9DbhDYV

You may then include any further details.
If the ability to use the assets from the ROBLOX account has been removed through Roblox Studio then I might have to use user-submitted assets but those are broken and do not work properly as I want them to work.

1 Like

First of all - Roblox catalog items WILL NEVER appear in the Toolbox unless someone uploads it.
Second of all - you can’t have a free model that works fine now that many are outdated due to the fact that filtering enabled is well… globally enabled. You need to script it yourself.
Lastly - it’s best if you didn’t use free models in the first place. They may have hidden scripts that could potentially ruin your game or open a back door.

1 Like

Alright then. If you say so. Thank you

1 Like

On my page I can look at a item’s owners and it’s content, I’m not quitte sure but I think it’s a ROBLOX+ feature.

Yea it’s a Roblox+ thing unfortunately but that doesn’t really have anything to do with what I said just now.

1 Like

He can still download all of the contents of said item via ROBLOX+ Which is what he is after for.

I doubt an asset from the ROBLOX account has hidden malicious scripts who can potentially open up backdoors in games

@MrTeeXD

2 Likes

If you read the whole point, you’d know that I was talking about free models…

1 Like

Try to use the command i put below in the command bar:

This is where you can find the command bar:

Toggle-Properties

Then paste this command in the command bar:

game:GetService(“InsertService”):LoadAsset(id here).Parent = game.workspace

make sure to insert the gear id in the (id here) section. Your gear will be inserted to studio as a model, make sure you find it :wink:

I hope this is what you were looking for.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It appears that my Command Bar is broken and I can’t get it to show on my dashboard. :’(

Proof:
XwKVGCIMhG

Try to reinstall Roblox studio, that might help.

Alright then. Doing so right now.

I literally just updated my plugin exactly for this use case: How To Dress NPCs

If you don’t want to install a plugin and the command bar still isn’t working, you can still put the code @ExistingDragon posted into a normal script, run the game, and copy and paste the model from there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, did not seem to help, I cant get the command bar to show up :frowning: but I will try that plugin anyway :slight_smile:

Hey man, that plugin came in usefull. Thank you so much. Im keeping it. :smiley:

2 Likes