Tweening when player is stood on part is stuttering

Hello, I’m working on a game. In which is a part where the player stands on and it will lift them up via tween service. The problem is that when the player actually stands on the part, quite noticeable stuttering appears as the block moves up. Does anyone know a quick fix to this? I’m sorry I could not provide a video but 0.4mbps upload speed was begging me not to try.

Thanks,

Pyxrien.

Provide the code so we can see what methods you are using and help you troubleshoot the issue.

Hey!

This is a pretty widely known problem, namely the reason why I avoid using Tween service when I intend to use it as a platform for transporting players. Using CFrames to move a carrier part also doesn’t automatically include movement of the players with the platform when moving around a plain surface without changing altitude (constant Y-axis value). While I am not certain about high speeds and cases where players fall through the fast moving floor (which is another story), you can either use prismatic constraints or BodyMovers as an alternative.

You can check out this post, because I’ve answered a relatively similar question recently:

2 Likes

Is this also an issue if one decides to use the Position over CFrame? I knew about the CFrame not moving the players but haven’t tested the Position.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll be sure to check it out in the morning.

1 Like

I’ve tested both in this scenario, appreciate the response though!

1 Like