[TweenService] Back and InOut don't seem to get along too well

Using the EasingDirection “InOut” with the EasingStyle “Back” causes some unexpected behavior as seen in the Gif below

As you can see, the brick does a rather odd “snap” back to or beyond its original position and in doing so cancels the ‘Out’ portion of the EasingDirection. In the Gif above I am using CFrame and have tested it on most of the BaseParts and the Camera, all producing the same result. I’ve also tested this using Position, Size, and Transparency all producing the same bug. I have also tested this both locally and server side.

For your convenience here’s a place file to demonstrate this in real time. Tween script is located in ServerScriptService.

TweenTest.rbxl (14.5 KB)

EDIT: Fixed Gif

1 Like

This isn’t fixed yet.

1 Like

Bumping this thread as this is still an issue. Can an engineer please look into this!?

We’re aware of this issue and already have a fix for it. If you haven’t noticed any changes in the next week or two feel free to ping me.

5 Likes

I’ve just enabled the fix for these, please let me know if anything looks incorrect.

2 Likes

Recently, I’ve been noticing that the issue has come back. The same problem happens with GUIs.

You should add a repro so the engineer can easily verify your issue.

Yes, sorry about that.

How to reproduce -

• Create a GUI in Roblox Studio
  • Create a tween event within a local script with the arguments InOut and Back
  • Play the tween and watch the bug take place.

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this issue. I have a place file for graphing the functions and they all look as I would expect:

If you can, please put together a place file which you can reproduce this issue with. I can then take a look and see if you’re doing something different, or see if there’s something more subtle going on here.

I’ve created a test place for you to use to replicate the issue. All you need to do is load the place, play it, and press the move button to tween the GUI with the InOut and Back arguments.

You can look into the GUI to investigate the issue if you need. I added a basic bool value and another value to dictate which side of the screen it is on. Other than that, the only thing the script is doing is tweening the GUI from one side of the screen to another.

BackTweenExample.rbxl (21.8 KB)

Hopefully you can get this issue resolved, thank you.

Edit: I forgot mention that I am using TweenPosition to move the GUI. This might be an issue with that, and not Tweening in general.