Typewriter Effect: New property MaxVisibleGraphemes (Live)

Thanks for the feedback. We’re actively working on improving TextBox and we like this idea. I have included this on our to do list along with other improvements. Cheers.

5 Likes

This is great! It takes forever to program a working Typewriter effect kind of thing, so glad it’s here!

I know this is off-topic, but that is some amazing GUI design.

I wish I was good at something other than programming :laughing:

I’ve been using strings to make text occur. It works well but hopefully, this will improve my scripts quite a bit.

Wait quick question, will RichText be supported?

yes, it should be support the rich text. but if you are using rich text module, it’s not supported

This is incredible! Thanks so much! Now we don’t have to use the old tactic;

dialogueLabel.Text = "H"
wait(0.25)
dialogueLabel.Text = "He"
wait(0.25)
dialogueLabel.Text = "Hey"

Thanks for the huge update you’ve been bringing up for us, developers to work on their game smoothly and non-rushed. :happy3:

1 Like

I asked the same question on discord. No answers.

This is definitely gonna mean a lot for games with dialogue, and overall seems cool.

Quick question, how do you work around with fonts and sizes, and will special characters fit into this update?

Great work Roblox :+1:!

Exactly! This is what we were solving for. Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Yes, our RichText tags will work correctly using this method. You can customize the strings however you like using our tags.

3 Likes

Since this already uses the full string before it starts displaying each character, there is no issue with different fonts/sizes, if you use our rich text tags. Hopefully I answered your question.

3 Likes

What does this mean? If I have a dialog label that says something like:
"We should go back to the house at 5:00 before it gets dark."
Would 5:00 get tagged? Im kinda confused on this.

If this means that dialog can get filtered, whats the point in using this? The filter is already super glitchy so I have a feeling that innocent dialog would be filtered :confused:

Does this work for wavey text effects? I wanna know if you have styles implemented into this system, or a way to make the text look fun other than plain old typewriter effects.

This is just for text that was input by the end user, not your static game text.

1 Like

We mentioned this in case someone has an implementation that strictly send every potential display text into filter, including those in-between display status of typewriter effect. I just removed the confusing term and text filtering will not get impacted if you never considered case above.

Oh, I see now. Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

Any reason why it’s not on mobile? I pushed an update out to my game using this feature and on mobile it doesn’t work. It works on desktop.

Could you send the mobile client version? It should be at the bottom of the settings menu/help.
Normally mobile client could run several versions behind and we will give a notice here in the post about when it could be used. We will suspend the functionality for now in case people accidentally push updates like this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Note that this feature is not live yet. As stated in the post, it would be enabled in a week or so. We will give an update here when it is live across all platforms so that you can safely push updates that can be delivered to all platforms. Thanks.

2 Likes