UGC Catalog is Now Live!

Your UGC item would have to be very desirable in the first place not only that but you’d also need people to play your game first, I don’t think it’s something that can easily be done at all.

Nor it makes sense to be able to sell something you want to award, maybe it would but I’ve never seen any Rewards that could be bought for Robux offered by Roblox before.

In a case of other things like awarding Gamepasses or Devproducts those might be a valid case to have a price for them.

But to answer your question “I don’t think so”

5 Likes

Can creators use assets they buy and have commercial rights, instead of making the hat themselves?

1 Like

If so then that would be really contradicting to what UGC is intended for. I don’t believe so but if it falls under the radar by ROBLOX Moderators then that would be a problem within itself.

5 Likes

More desirable items are of course higher priced due to demand. I’m just saying it is a way for items to reach lower price points than the current 50R$ minimum. You can search up “Free Badges” in games and come up with multiple games that offer free badges. Those games sell VIP’s to get access to even more badges or to become a badge yourself.

UGC items are considered advertisement grounds as Reverse_Polarity has plugged his clothing group in his UGC items and has made hundreds of sales off it.
It wouldn’t take much to have a creator make an item and say “Hey, there’s awardable UGC items here that are lower priced.” The game doesn’t even have to be centered around UGC hats, it can just be an ingame purchase only to draw in players.

My original point was sort of to say that once UGC items become awardable, the price minimum should also be lowered from 50R$.

10 Likes

i have a question. You know how some games use roblox hats as accessories? Are we allowed to use ugc items in our games or can we not use the?

4 Likes

I’ve already asked the question it’s never been answered

• Do we treat UGC Catalog Items as Normal Catalog Items?

• Can we use UGC Catalog items in our games?

• Can we monetize UGC Catalog items in our games sold as in game Items

I would very much appreciate someone who could answer us those questions

2 Likes
  • Do we treat UGC Catalog Items as Normal Catalog Items?
    Yeah, that would probably make sense as if you would be able too. My guess is once you upload a catalog item it would be sent to be moderated then if it gets accepted it’ll be sold for however much.

• Can we use UGC Catalog items in our games?
    If your meaning if you can use custom hats for your OWN game I couldn’t see why. They could be sold easily :man_shrugging:

• Can we monetize UGC Catalog items in our games sold as in game Items
    I couldn’t see this happening sadly. Although ROBLOX does fill us up with surprises. So lets be prepared!

1 Like

I have seen games selling Clothing that aren’t theres for in-game money, this is why I need a clear answer.

4 Likes

is there any way to prove our merit to get into the program without having worked with roblox directly in the past? i spent the whole day making a pseudo accessory i was hoping to get to present in front of a jury some day, lol

2 Likes

Wondering, if the creator of the item were to get banned, will the item still be in the buyers inventory?

1 Like

From what we know right now, a connection with ROBLOX is a definite need. It probably shouldn’t be that way but it is, at least at the moment. In the near future that could definitely change, hopefully at least a bit more people can be put in the program and not have to be tied to ROBLOX in a way. They also said under Question 10 that:

2 Likes

I’d assume it would work like shirts/pants, if the group/owner is banned the item would remain unless it was the cause of the owners termination.

6 Likes

Hm. Okay! Makes sense. Thank you!

2 Likes

yeaah, i figured… and i doubt sending one single written permission to use my mesh they ended up recreating from ground up anyway counts as “connection” =w=
i do have a bloxxy award from 2015 though…

then, if i give the files to a friend who is in the UGC program to let them upload it instead, will they get in trouble for that?

1 Like

Just a quick question, is there any way to apply? I know its all based on Roblox’s pick, but how do I get noticed?

2 Likes

I don’t think you can apply or anything yet, I think it’s based on that one small group of Modelers right now and they haven’t released much information on how one will actually be able to become part of this program.

3 Likes

I hope I get to become a UCG developer one day. I have created a lot of assets in studio and such that are pretty good and make goofy and cool accessories.

9 Likes

There are clearly a market for items that look “unprofessional” or “ugly”.

There’s no point in red-taping these hats as it’s only a factor of nature.

I disagree, the wide spread of the BiggestHead will probably make the other big heads more popular as they would be seen as more exclusive versions of the BiggestHead.

The CF does not own a trademark over grey fedoras. Downtown dizen is an original mesh and texture and is more similar to a real fedora. Additionally, the CF is just stone grey throughout.

7 Likes

True, but we wouldn’t have to worry about this if the item hadn’t of been released int he first place. :frowning:

5 Likes

I feel like people wouldn’t go out of their way to buy the bighead or biggerhead. This is because the biggesthead, the one that is on 24/7 for only 400 robux, is the biggest of them all.

6 Likes