UGC Catalog is Now Live!

Instead of trying to plague roblox with cancel culture how about trying to give suggestions on how they can improve UGC.

Also hate to break it to ya but there’s not enough evidence for copying. Red angry eyes are an idea which can’t be copyrighted. Besides they don’t exactly line up. Both in size and angle.

On a side note why do you only come here to complain about UGC?

So far the only valid cases I’ve seen are the bird, the 1
butterfly and stolen art. Can we please keep this civil and refrain from grasping at straws.

12 Likes

This is just grasping at straws lol… there’s much better examples of items looking similar to Roblox items.

And at the end of it, we see upwards of ~100 hats a week. It’s very apparent that at some point these things are going to happen, given the amount of catalogue we’re recieving

5 Likes

I love the UGC items on the catalog, however, does this mean Roblox is discontinuing their sales?

3 Likes

Considering they haven’t hosted a sale since President’s Day 2019… yes.

5 Likes

I’m aware of that, I just happened to see these items at the time.

3 Likes

And roblox made red angry eyes first?

The short answer is no. Red eyes have existed far longer than roblox. Personally I dont get why you only come on here to complain about items instead of provided insightful feedback.

If you feel some items should be removed then contact roblox.

Besides, if roblox would gave found any of these hats as a problem like you claim they are then they would have been removed. Yet they’re still up so clearly roblox is fine with it.

8 Likes

Name: GlassTopHat
Price: 80
!!!Description: fragile
Lol Look at it not breaking!
Haha

12 Likes

Personally until the Roblox UGC Catalog has some transparent path where developers other than their hand picked special snowflakes are able to participate in it then it’s just another Roblox elitist club I want no part of.

I understand there should be some screening but at it’s current rate Roblox is simply hand picking developers they want to give the opportunity to become successful while giving the rest of us the opportunity to either drool or help them get wealthy.

To me this catalog is nothing more than selling us until we are able to participate in it like an Amway or Essential Oils salesman.

Being as this is the same group lacking even the transparency to properly inform us on how to become full members after removing posting approval, which was trash anyway, I don’t trust this will be available to the rest of us anytime in the foreseeable future so it feels a lot like being sold a gamepass.

I joined the dev forum to develop and grow in developing, not to be sold.

28 Likes

Yeah, it’s happened a load of times and should be dealt with.

22 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/ugc-catalog-applications-now-open-discussion-thread/798182