Ugly terrain feedback

So, I am making an island out of terrain. I need feedback on it as I think it is sort of ugly.

I originaly made the terrain to sell it for 500 ish robux. I do not think I am going to sell it since it is as ugly as it is. The island is designed for some sort of survival game.

Thanks for constructive critism.

3 Likes

Neat; I would suggest making a bigger island of a different shape with maybe some caves in the rocky mountains or extra space on the grass. But nice work!

6 Likes

I highly suggest having something to base your island off of.

Good terrain is not just made out of one material but a varying selection of materials. Mountains and hills are partial rocky, grassy and many even snowy. Do not just rush the build. If you want detail, but the terrain adder to the smallest setting. It definitely looks like you have set your tool to a large/maximum size and the effects are quite obvious.

1 Like

I think the island could easily be made better with the other tools, right now it only looks like you used the Add tool and stacked layers on top of another. With the other tools, like Smooth and Flatten, you can make the terrain look much more natural.

EX:
Without Smooth

With Smooth

7 Likes

Just try smoothing it out like @enderawsome88 has said, and if you want it to be realistic, try making it slope steeply downwards from the top, and gently smooth out. You could also use hightmap, if you wish, which would make it accurate to an island in real life. Hope I helped.

5 Likes

closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed

Sometimes generating terrain and then removing what you don’t want with the Part to Terrain plugin gives better results. As of today it takes a LOT of work to make good looking, natural terrain. If you combine using generator, Part to Terrain, and the sculpting brushes you’ll be much happier. Try generating 2048 size water, then 1024 size land. You’ll have a square island to start on and sculpt.

If you’re trying it to make it realistic then I suggest you redo’ing, since it looks very unrealistic, instead, make it uneven you know, some terrains IRL are always uneven.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it. I am going to do changes / remake the island and just try to make it much better.

The shape is cool but it is hard for me to think at how the game could be setted up on this weird shape, also, I would smooth the rocks and the grass and make it nicely fade into the sea, on the front.The beach in the middle looks great but you should change the shape and make it somewhat bigger and more irregular, it is too rounded to be a natural shape. Nice work!

1 Like