UI Design Starter Guide

You’re the one who gave me the idea lol

Shoutout to colbert2677!

4 Likes

o-oh i didn’t know that

:hushed:

3 Likes

This is an awesome tutorial. Kudos on the spritesheets, had no idea how to implement them properly up until now.

5 Likes

I actually needed some info from this. Thanks!

4 Likes

How did I not know about Anchor Points :open_mouth: Good Tutorial!

5 Likes

Very Helpful If I ever want to get into UI designing, I will bookmark this.

6 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party here but thank you for writing this!

2 Likes

Such a good tutorial! :open_mouth: Helped out a lot!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Probably the best UI tutorial out there. Nice work :grinning:

3 Likes

Although I’m over a year late to the conversation, I’ve got a question.

In regards to changing between the images with ImageRectSize, how would a script like that look like to change between the ImageRectSize and ImageRectOffset?

3 Likes

Is it possible to write a v2 version including constraints?

3 Likes

Nice tutorial I’m going to cut out this example Screenshot_243

To try it out right now.

1 Like

Great tutorial! Bookmarked for sure.

3 Likes

I don’t have much time but it would like this:

local SPRITE_SIZE_X, SPRITE_SIZE_Y = 32, 32

local function changeSprite(newSpriteIndex) 
    local newSpriteOffset = Vector2.new(newSpriteIndex * SPRITE_SIZE_X, newSpriteIndez * SPRITE_SIZE_Y)
    imageLabel.ImageRectOffset = newSpriteOffset
end

changeSprite(0)
changeSprite(3)

I don’t have time to do more sorry, and this only changes the offset. If you’ve got a good setup then you shouldn’t need to change sizes anyway.

@Tor_Laws
Yeah sure, I’ve been meaning to do something about constraints so I’ll put v2 on my to do list :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Amazing tutorial, love it! 10/10! Packed lots of important information in my head. Though, on top of that I would recommend, you insist them to use https://www.roblox.com/library/2233768483/Roundify

3 Likes

Good guide, lot of stuff to get going. Personally, I like to use scale, not offset, with UIAspectRatio constraints. This is what I feel gives the most consistent experience because something made with offset would be gigantic on smaller screens

7 Likes

This deserves way more recognition than it already has. Just the fact that you took your own time to help any aspiring developers. Thank you! <3

5 Likes

Really nice guide, goes in-depth about a lot of stuff that goes un-noticed.

Good job, I’ll recommend this to anyone who is interested in designing UI.

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Good job on this, also extra info: I would recommend 100% getting a UI design plugin to enhance your UI.

2 Likes

thx u sooo much for the help :smiley:

1 Like