UI Editor - Precisely control your GUI elements

Plugin link here.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Introduction:

How many times have you tried to move a GuiObject precisely but those nasty studio outlines got in the way?
I am talking about this:

RobloxStudioBeta_PDMY6bGTUa

RobloxStudioBeta_MeBxkylB56

It is quite difficult to move that red square exactly where you want it!
This plugin gives an effortless solution to that!

As you can see in the video, you may select any GuiObject and either hit ESC or click with your mouse in an empty area to deselect it, the plugin will remember what you selected and will let you to control your GUI however you’d like without those bulky outlines getting in the way!

Features:

Please note:

• Deselecting multiple GuiObjects using ESC will leave one GuiObject selected, so please deselect by pressing M1 in an empty space or by selecting a non GuiObject instance (e.g part, workspace etc.)

Planned future additions
  • White theme users compatibility.
  • Ability to precisely resize your GuiObject.
  • Scale to offset conversion, or vise-versa.

Plugin link here.

26 Likes

cough
UI Tools

4 Likes

While that’s a cool plugin, it doesn’t solve the issue of having to deal with studio borders and doesn’t give you the option to move your Gui objects with pixel precision.

5 Likes

I was just saying, the name and their similarities.

2 Likes

When I was making this plugin, I didn’t know about the existence of UI Tools. I mean what else would I name my plugin that helps you with GUI stuff :smile:

3 Likes

Check this out:

It’s partially made to solve this problem.

1 Like

Updated with slicker UI and new features. Please alert me if you come across with any bugs/errors.

1 Like

So this is a direct ripoff of Ui Tools?

1 Like

Please read the whole post instead of just the title before saying anything,
UI Tools doesn’t give you the ability to move your GUIObjects with pixel precision at ease. It doesn’t even let you move the anchor point to mostly used positions.

2 Likes

Every work deserves respect, just don’t call your plugin with “Tools”. It is based on positioning and resizing, and “GUI Tools” is not a really accurate name for it. The 2 useful things I see here are moving the objects with increment and setting anchor point. All other features can be replaced by properties tab. Still it has some features my plugin doesn’t have, and please don’t be toxic just because the name is similar to my plugin’s name.

2 Likes

I can say that about your plugin too, and about many other tools plugins out there. The point of these plugins is to make the workflow faster and less tedious. I have been annoyed by Studio’s GUI moving tools, especially those outlines, so I made this plugin to help me, so I figured I can share it with others who feel the same. Same way F3X made the building tools plugin, it’s for the sake of easability.

3 Likes

Cant I just use the properties tab to position it?

Yes you can, if you are fine with dealing with borders and no real time view of what you are doing.

1 Like

Im fine with the bordering and what not. And a real time view is not what I need.

1 Like

This was littered with bugs, I hopefully fixed everything and should now provide intuitive workflow experience.
If there are any bugs you come across by, please let me know.

2 Likes

its a great plugin ive been needing something like this ever since i learnt about uis thank you for making this plugin :heartpulse:

less features and 500 robux? no. I can find the same exact tools just reskinned (like this plugin) for free.

Hey! Don’t know if you’re still around and cool plugin btw! One little problem, why can’t I set the offset step to 0? I don’t want to change the offset at all. I only want the scale to change. Whenever I try setting the offset to 0, it just resets back to 1. Suggestions?

It’s not possible to move less than one pixel at a time, so the Offset Step has to be an integer greater than 0. So if you want to change the scale only, just edit the scale instead of the offset.